Chapter 4

Day 4

Rose sat on a swing in the newly found TARDIS garden and admired the view. The walls were covered in lianas, moss, and bushes filled with flowers, blue, yellow, pink, and white. The ceiling was high, so high that you could not see the end of it with a naked eye, and a beam of light shone down.

The floor was made of dirt and grass, strongly representing the Earth smell- she dipped her toes in it and sighed, gripping the rope of the swing tightly. Birds flew by, butterflies danced and insects roamed. The place felt like magic, only it was not so magical enjoying it on her own.

She stood and walked to a tree, the palm of her hand against the wood. Naturally, she'd rub it, sensing a wave of peace inside her mind. And then she'd think about the Doctor and what had happened the previous evening. He said something was wrong and she knew, oh she did. But the outburst he had was something she'd never encountered before and it scared her. Who was to say he wouldn't do much more?

And yet she'd hoped, that whatever resided within his body would soon pass and they could go back to where they were before. The Doctor was sick and he wouldn't let her in, would stop her from helping.

„I'm sorry." the door opened and the Doctor entered. He ambled towards her, an apologetic expression on his face. „The stuff I said yesterday, I'm sorry, Rose."

„Do you feel better now?" she crossed her arms.

„My head's clear again. But that thing, I can still feel it." he pinched at his nose.

„Well...What can we do? There's something I can help with, yes?"

„No." the Doctor shook his head. „I'm sorry, but this is beyond you, Rose. It's even beyond me."

„Can't anyone help? There's a whole galaxy out there. There must be someone."

„Wish there was."

„Okay, then...We think, yeah? Every bacteria, every kind of virus must have some kind of weakness." she paced around the room, a hand under her chin.

The Doctor smiled in the corner of his mouth.

„So, you're really thirsty." she said.

„Narrows it down." the Doctor replied.

„You're behaving like a teenager on steroids."

The man raised a brow. „Narrows it down."

„And you forget things."

„I do?" the Doctor tilted his head.

„That was not the first time I saw Woman Wept, Doctor."

„Really?" he rubbed the back of his head. He closed his eyes, contemplating. „No, you're right. We've been there before. Why'd you not tell me?"

„You seemed so happy. I dunno. I didn't think of it as a bad thing." she shrugged. „Anything else you've noticed off?"

„Yeah, I've been having these headaches. And I don't get headaches."

„When does that usually happen?"

„When I don't hydrate enough."

„Sounds normal to me." Rose scoffed. „It's human nature."

„Oh, don't say it like that." the Doctor grimaced.

„Oh, come on, there must be some similarities between you and I besides physical."

„I mean, yeah. My temperature is slightly higher, but still around the same base. We eat, we sleep, we drink. We fall in love. We..."

„What?" she arched an eyebrow.