Chapter 3

Day 3

Woman Wept was a frozen continental landmass shaped like a lamenting woman. The Planet's entire ocean had frozen in an instant, and its waves would hover feet high above one's head, preserved in time. The Moon that would fly around the orbit of this place would emanate waves of blues, pinks, and orange, cascading a reflection that would turn the sky multi-coloured.

The Planet was freezing, obviously, and yet there was something very warming about it whenever Rose feasted on the view, a chilling feeling making its way up her spine. Or maybe it was just the cold.

Before exiting the TARDIS, the Doctor would grab a fluffy cover that they would later lay on the icy ground, and a bottle of water for himself.

„It froze instantaneously." the Doctor explained as he sat next to Rose. „Imagine, just like that." he clicked his fingers. „The Sun disappears and the whole of creation snaps to ice. Isn't that beautiful?"

Rose nodded, an awkward smile on her face. She had not found the power to tell him they had been here before since he had been so excited to present it.

She hugged herself at the cold breeze, laying her head on his shoulder and taking in the scenery. It had been past five in the evening, but the Planet was still shining. Literally shining. It had looked as if the ice was made of diamonds and she wondered if there existed such a thing.

She sniffled, burying her face into the scarf she wore, and nuzzled even more into his arm. For some reason, the Doctor was always warm. Rose closed her eyes but was abruptly stopped when he jumped to his bottle that lay on the edge of the cover at their feet.

„Blimey!" she exclaimed.

„Sorry."

The Doctor opened it, taking a sip. „So what do you think?"

„It's breathtaking." Rose smiled. „Thanks for bringing me here. Could use with a heater next time though." she laughed.

„This planet used to be full of people. Well." he shook his head. „When I say people, I don't mean people. I mean...people, but, not people like you." he looked her up and down.

„Is that supposed to be an insult?" she scoffed, amused.

„They had these little pets called the Eutrachli. Annoying little creatures. Fluffy, hairy, and very clingy. Bit like you." he joked.

„Oi!" she slapped his arm, and he laughed. „I'm gonna smack you, that's what."

„Yeah, apparently they were ferocious too." he shook his head.

„Oi!" she hit him again.

„Tell you what though." the Doctor took another sip of water. „That's just stories. No one's seen them before. Not the people. Not the pets. It's all just legends."

„So why not just travel back in time then, and see it for ourselves?"

„The Planet's caught in a time loop. I can only access it through a little pocket in space. Fixed point."

„Why?"

The Doctor shrugged, chugging down the rest of the water.

„Blimey, you might want to slow down! You'll choke on it!" Rose's brows shot up.

„Why the fuck do you care?" he snapped.

It had taken him a whole minute and a look of shock on Rose's face to realise what he just said. The Doctor's eyes widened, pressing a hand over his mouth.

„Rose, I'm... I don't know what just happened." he apologised. „I don't know what came over me."

He stood up, jumping on one foot up and down and shaking his arm.

„Something's wrong." he muttered. „Change of plans. I'm sorry. Trip's cut short."

The Doctor walked to the med bay, scratching the back of his neck, and Rose followed, but not before closing the doors to the TARDIS and enjoying the warmth she had been welcomed with.

„What's wrong with you?" she jumped the stairs down to the bay.

„I don't know. I can feel it, on the tip of my tongue." he stuck it out for a second. „Can you grab me the elo-wave-pass?"

„The what?" Rose furrowed her brows.

„The elo-wave-p... That thing there..." he pointed.

The Doctor sat on the table, taking off his jacket and shirt. Rose felt the need to look away at that, but would later find out she didn't need to once he had asked her to place multiple suction cups over his back and chest. He connected those to various wires and gazed over at a computer to his right. Biologically, everything seemed fine.

He took out the sonic and pressed it, sending a zap through his body.

„Itchy, itchy, itchy!" he cried, grimacing.

Still nothing.

The Doctor tilted his head ever so slightly, looking confusedly at the codes on the monitor.

„No, but there's something wrong. I can feel it." he stood from the table, taking off the cups. „Maybe if I can just shift it to the right place."

With that, he hopped. Hopped on his right foot, then on his left. Hopped on both. He shook his arms, shook his head. Nothing. Simply nothing.

He would then grab a syringe and take a sample of his blood, deciding to run some tests.

Rose sat on a high chair, dangling her legs as she waited. It had been the first time to see the Doctor do...doctor stuff. She was baffled but she quite enjoyed it. She had to think about his attire though, not very doctor-y. His upper body was naked after all.

The Doctor ran a hand through his hair, groaning. Nothing. Again. His blood was clean.

He felt anger reside within his veins, having hated the idea of something hiding enclosed in his cell tissue. He bit his inner cheek and before he knew it, before he could think, he would grab the nearest chair and throw it against the wall. It would fall on top of a glass table and shatter it, at which Rose would jump.

„What's wrong." she walked towards him, placing a hand over his shoulder, but he would shake it off. „Doctor, talk to me. What's wrong?"

„There's something wrong." he mumbled.

„What?"

„There's something wrong with me!" he shouted, turning to her and staring her down. „Go! Leave me alone!"

„What do you mean?" Rose took a step back.

„Go, Rose! Leave me alone!" he'd grab another chair and fling it. „Just fuck off, will you?!"

Rose trembled, stumbling backwards and out the door. And within seconds, tears would start making their appearance. What? Why was he this way? Has she done something wrong?

The image she had had the misfortune of experiencing was terrifying, and it very much reminded her of Jimmy Stone and what that man would do to her in the past.

So she cried, unable to stop shaking. She would have to place a hand over the other to calm herself down. And then she would find herself in the kitchen, making a tea, and then in her bedroom, where she would lock the door for safety.

Safety? How did it even come to this? Rose had always felt safe around the Doctor, so how come this minuscule incident would throw her off so much?

She placed her cup on her nightstand before taking a shower and climbing in bed.

Rose would have nightmares that night.