Chapter 10

Trigger Warning: R4p3

The Doctor looked up as the doors of the TARDIS opened, and through the entrance, Jack. In a suit. He gazed from the man back at Rose, then back at the man.

„Rose." Jack called but stopped in his steps once he saw the Doctor clinging to her embrace. „Are you...alright?"

Rose did not know what to answer, so she just nodded.

The Doctor tilted his head, his tongue peeking out very slightly between his teeth, and his brows furrowed. He was distracted by Jack's attire and the flowers he was holding in his hands. It was at that moment that he realised how enticing Rose's perfume smelled, and she was wearing a summer dress. Something in the back of his mind told him to back out of the embrace.

„Ah." the Doctor chuckled. „I didn't know you'd move on so fast." he looked over at Rose.

„What?" she scoffed. „No. That's not it. And even if it was, what's it to you?"

„What do you mean 'what's it to me'?"

„You're the one that...are you serious right now?"

„I'm...gonna give you guys some space." Jack gave Rose an apologetic smile before walking out.

„There's no need for that." she crossed her arms. „He seems alright. I'm done here."

With that, she turned away and followed Jack outside, ignoring the Doctor calling out her name.

„Are you sure you don't wanna talk to him? I saw you two get up and close back there." Jack wiggled his brows.

He was the one that did that. Not me."

„I don't know. You looked like you were enjoying yourself." he grinned, at which she slapped his arm. She was about to comment something snarky when his phone rang, and at the same time, the Doctor exited the TARDIS.

„Gwen." Jack answered. „Mhm. Mhm. What?!"

„What is it, what's wrong?" she tried to listen in.

„We'll be right there." the time agent popped his phone back into his trousers. „Right. Doctor, can you give us a lift?"

„What for?"

„We need to get back to the Hub. The frequency? The spot it's at is emitting some kind of...radiation." he looked at Rose as he said this. „So can you take us there, Doc?"

„Err..." the Doctor rubbed the back of his neck. „Umm, she's a bit...queasy." he touched the TARDIS.

„Right. Well, you can still make yourself useful. Maybe you have some insight on the situation." Jack saw Rose mutter something under her breath. She seemed annoyed. „I'll...drive."

Back at Torchwood Three, they were greeted by a very anxious Gwen and a very bored Owen. He was leaning back in his seat, hands behind his head.

„I'm telling you, Gwen, there can't be anything serious. Maybe the readings are wrong. Radiations can't pop out of nothingness." the man rolled his eyes.

„Tell me, Owen, back when you were a kid, did people tend to bully you?" Gwen raised her brows. „Cause I know that I would've."

Rose approached cautiously. She did, however, enjoy the Owen slander; that smile on her lips said it all.

„I would've." she murmured under her breath.

„Look at you, a bunch of bullies." Owen threw his arms in the air. „And who is this bloke?"

„I'm the Doctor." the Doctor stood proudly.

„I'm a doctor too, mate. You're gonna have to be more specific."