Chapter Seventeen

Me, Maddy and Cassie all got ready together for the Carnival at Maddy's place.

Cassie was wearing this cute blue top and skirt, and I helped her curl her hair and do fun braid down her centre  parting. Maddy had a slick pony, was wearing this absolutely sickening I Am Gia purple two piece with cut outs and I went with black leather pants, a 90's vibe crop top with a baggy mens shirt tied around my waist and my black white and mocha Jordan's. I pulled up the front of my hair into two small pig tails at the front with some loose pieces, did my makeup all cute and applied enough lipgloss to fill a small lake.

We were drinking vodka I brought mixed with Gatorade, it was literally disgusting but that didn't slow us down.

"You should totally confront him." Cassie said.

"I fucking will." I say downing another shot. "I'm so sick of waiting for him to text me. I thought he was one of the good ones you know?"

"There are no good ones." Maddy rolled her eyes and refilled my vodka.

"Anyway you're like way out of his league, he should be so lucky." Cassie nodded.

"Enough about me and Fez. Are you excited to see McKay since he said the L word?" I nudge her, making her blush.

"Yeah, I can't wait. I know it's only a week but it feels like he's at college forever." She complained.

"You're just horny. I get it." I look down and check my phone, hoping it's finally from Fez and it's not. I slam it down in frustration and pick up my drink.

"Who is it?" Cassie asks.

"Who do you think." I groan swallowing vodka. "It's Nate pestering me about that stupid chilli cook off his Dad is doing and he's trying to get volunteers."

"Well at least his parents like you, they never liked me." Maddy sniffed. "Why don't you just say no?"

"Trust me. I had dinner at their place, you do not want them to like you. They're the fakest family I've ever met. And I can't say no because they're my neighbors and they're nosy as fuck, also Nate will take it as a personal offense, you know what he's like so if I have to waste my night at the chilli stand then so do you." I demand pointing my finger at her.

"Ugh no way bitch! I'm not getting chilli on this!" She points to her outfit.

"Come on please don't leave me alone with them. You and me will make it fun!" I say begging her and pleading.

"Fiiiiiiine. Fine." She gives in clinking her glass to mine.

After pregaming ourselves to a nice buzz, Lexi drives us all to the Carnival which is already kicking off. It's dark out but the whole place is lit up with crazy neon lights, everyone was screaming and cheering, running around, I nudge Maddy. We're both grinning with excitement and ready to get wild.

Kat was with Jules on the Ferris wheel and after a little while Cassie went off with McKay.

"Hey. Wanna do some molly?" She smiles at me.

I'd never done ecstasy before so I was a little nervous remembering the come down off of the coke was a real bitch. She tugged my arm eagerly.

"Fuck it yeah let's go."

My stomach flips when I see Fez leaning up against the railing smoking. I feel his eyes scan me just like I'm doing to him. God he looks fucking hot.

It hurts when he doesn't even smile at me as we approach him.

"What're you twos lookin for." He says, with literally zero interest.

Maddy skips a beat to look from him to me back to him with a what the fuck is going on expression on her face.