Chapter Fifty Two

"Fuck him." I muttered bitterly sitting into the back seat and slamming the car door behind me trying to control my burning anger.

Maddy and Kat gave each other a silent look as she drove out of the school parking lot.

I could hear my phone ringing and notifications going off but I ignored it. I honestly felt like crying.

"Are you okay Nia?" Kat asked me looking up from the road into the mirror.

He was messing around with my emotions and he knew it, he wanted to be seen with another girl he had fucked at school.

"Did you see them kiss or touch each other?" I asked Maddy needing to know the exact details.

"No, she like grabbed his arm or something but he didn't touch her." She said fixing her lip liner in the mirror. "Look...I don't think he was trying to cheat or anything, it seemed like she was coming on to him. But he didn't tell her to stop either."

I nodded, feeling annoyed at him but a little relieved that it hadn't gone further.

We drove over to Maddy's house to grab some clothes and makeup before stopping at a drive through for milkshakes, none of us were in any rush to go home.

"Wow, he's calling me now. He's gotta be real desperate." Maddy said hitting the red button on her phone and taking a sip of her dulce de leche milkshake.

"Oh shit." Kat said looking frantically in her rear view mirror.

"What?" Maddy asked her.

"Look." She said pointedly glancing in her mirror again.

Maddy and I both turned around at the same time to see a large silver truck gaining on us.

Nate was driving like a lunatic, weaving in and out of traffic to get up beside us.

Heaven knows no rage like love to hatred turned.

Kat visibly started to panic as he accelerated up beside us and rolled down his window yelling and gesturing at her.

"Pull over!" He demanded over the roaring truck engine.

"Kat don't you dare pull over." I warned her, my heart rate pounding.

"What the fuck!? What the fuck do you want me to do!" She yelled slapping her hand on the wheel, her voice was husky and panicked.

"Pull over right now!" He yelled starting to over take us on the highway. I knew Kat's car didn't have nearly the horsepower it would take to get away from the much more powerful Dodge truck.

I started to worry when I saw the way Nate's jaw was clenched and the vice grip he had on the steering wheel. He began forcing Kat to turn left towards the inside lane before she completely was driving on the side of the road.

"Jesus fucking Christ he's insane!" She yelled.

His brake lights flashed red in front of us and Kat came to a halt behind him.

"Get the fuck out of the car Nia." He stormed over to our parked car where we all looked on in disbelief.

"Lock the doors!!!" I demanded, my heart pounding panicking as Kat pressed the button. "Right now right now!!"

Nate marched over to the back window banging his open palm against the glass and staring at me.

"Get out of the car." He demanded again, furiously.

"Oh my God he's so dramatic." Maddy groaned from the front seat.

"No Nate. Fuck off! I don't want to speak to you right now!" I yelled though the closed window knowing he could hear every word.