Chapter Thirty Three

I rolled over in bed that night and immediately felt discomfort. My body was overheated, my abdomen was cramping and my pajama shorts felt wet.

Oh please no.

Not Satan's waterfall.

After the fucking day I had, debating if or how I tell Fez about Nate kissing me...this was the last thing I needed. I rolled out of bed and waddled into the bathroom. Sure enough when I sat down onto the toilet, my underwear and shorts were literally a blood bath. 

I sighed and started cleaning myself, throwing my underwear and shorts into the sink to soak the bloodstains out. Once I was cleaned up I start rummaging around for a pad or a tampon in my bathroom cupboard, finally located the box of tampons but when I reached in, my fingers were met with empty cardboard.

Fooock.

I pull out my phone and text Fez to see if he's awake. I waited for about a half an hour after multiple calls and texts, and got no reply. I took a chance and sent a text to Kat and Maddy in case they could drop me over a few emergency pads or something but again, no reply. I already knew I had no ibuprofen because I gave the last few I had to my mother when she complained of a really bad headache.

I folded up a towel on my bed and sat on there trying not to cry, the cramps were fucking killing me. I don't have my car back yet. Its fucking 3:37 a.m. no one is awake and I'm literally going to menstruate to death.

An idea came to my mind and I immediately squashed it down.

Don't do it. Don't do it. Just sit and suffer through it.

"Jesus.." I groan in misery as another wave of cramps hit, the muscle aches were running down my legs and I knew there was no chance I could get back to sleep from the pain and also the fact I didn't want to bleed all over my bed sheets.

I picked up my phone and sent another text...honestly not sure if I wanted an answer this time or not. 

Me: Are you awake?

I watched the word 'delivered' pop up underneath and felt my stomach churn with nerves. As much as I needed help from someone, this was the last person I wanted it from. I throw my phone down so I don't have to look at it.

Short King: What's wrong? Are you alright?

Me: I'm really embarrassed to ask you this but I have no one else and I need to get to a pharmacy or store whatever is open this late I don't care. Can you give me a ride please?

Short King: Are you joking? Do you know what time it is?

Me: Nate I'm not going out shopping for fucking lip gloss okay? My car is still in the garage and I need to get to a pharmacy its an emergency so just tell me yes or no so I can call an Uber.

Short King: be outside in 5

I got off the bed and pulled on a pair of leggings and a hoody, taking my wallet and phone with me as I headed downstairs and outside. From my front door I could see Nate closing his front door quietly, gettin into his truck and backing out.

I walked down to the curb to meet him, climbing up into the silver truck.

Nate looked like he had literally just rolled out of bed. He yawned into the back of his hand as I closed the door.

"Hey. I'm really sorry if I woke you or Cassie up." I say looking at him awkwardly. This was the last person I wanted to be asking a late night favor.

"Its fine. She's a heavy sleeper. I'm not." He said simply pulling out of the neighborhood.