Chapter Twenty Seven

Fez told me about everything that happened at 'The Doctor's' that night and as mad I was at him for not telling me his plan, I understood why he did it. He and Ash agreed to spare Custer's life as long as he helped them get rid of the body and link them up with Mouse's supplier. I didn't ask what they planned to do with the body. That was their problem, I had enough work to do cleaning up all the blood off of the walls, the curtains, the couch and the carpet. The curtains were okay but the the carpet might be ruined.

As bad as shit had been lately, I was determined to try to make Christmas as nice as possible. We came to an agreement that we would all work together to cook Christmas dinner. Of course I did most of the work but we did a big grocery shop all together and the two boys took instruction pretty well, Ash lost his temper a few times chopping vegetables but it all worked out in the end.

It was really nice watching Home Alone and Elf on Christmas Eve with the two of them. Fez surprised me, putting a little nativity set on top of the fireplace. We didn't bother getting a Christmas tree. Instead we just have each other gifts the next morning.

Ash got me an automatic switch blade with mother of Pearl handle. Fez was not impressed.

"What the fuck you givin her a knife for? You want her to kill me next?" He yelled in fake panic.

I punched him in the arm and laughed.

I gave Ash his gift, it was heavy rectangular box wrapped in paper.

He tore it open, not wanting to look to excited he held back a gasp when he opened it. His devious little eyes glinted at me. I got him the latest MacBook Pro with all the accessories.

I wrote him a little note. "Every guy running an empire has one. Love N."

He said it was dope and eagerly began unboxing it.

"Okay your turn." I look at Fez, almost bouncing with excitement.

"Didn't you give him his gift last night?" Ash smirked, opening his new laptop.

"You're fucking disgusting. Shut up before I send you to your room to pick up you collection of wank socks under your bed, yeah don't think I didn't notice those." I glare at him mockingly. That shut him up.

I rolled my eyes at Fez who was trying not to laugh and handed him a smaller box. He opened the envelope first and took out two courtside tickets to a Lakers game for him and Ash. That got them both super excited. There was lots of fist bumps and 'no fuckin way bro' being shouted. I got him a really soft Forest green cable knit sweater because I knew it would look amazing on him.

Then he opened up the smaller box, inside was a photo frame, I had put one of the Polaroid pictures of the two of us from Halloween in it. I had kept the other one for myself because I loved it so much.

He sat on the floor beside me staring down at the photo for half a minute before tapping the glass with his finger. "This is perfect."

I smiled at his beautiful blue eyes looking at me.

He handed me a heavy cream bag.

I looked at him in shock when I saw the name in beautiful red lettering on the side. Cartier

"Are you insane?!" I gawked him.

"Maybe." He shrugged relighting his blunt. "Go head open it."

I put my hand over my mouth in disbelief as I removed layer after layer of ribbons and wrapping until I finally opened the hardwood case to find a solid gold Love Bangle.

"Fez...

"Before you say shit." He exhaled some smoke with a hiss. "It's not too much, and yes you deserve it."