Chapter 24

Waiting for the test felt like an eternity, but once I picked it up, I saw the positive result. I'm pregnant. I'm 16 and pregnant, just like my mom was.

I decided to just keep it to myself for now and I went about the rest of my day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you guys want to hang out soon?" I asked my friends during lunch at school the next day.

"Yeah, let's go to the mall after school," said Colette.

"Okay, let's do it," I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After school, we all went to the mall.

We went into forever 21 and I went straight to the cheap leggings section.

"My jeans aren't really fitting anymore," I said.

"How come?" asked Ana.

In the heat of the moment, I decided to just expose myself. They would found out eventually anyways.

I lifted up my shirt a little bit.

"It's okay Lucy, a little bloating is normal," said Ana.

"No Ana, you don't understand," I said in an annoyed tone. I didn't really mean to be rude, it just came out that way.

"Understand what?" she asked.

"Nothing," I said, not wanting to explain anymore. She had her chance to take the hint and she didn't. She missed out.

"You know what, I'm tired, I just want to go home," I said.

"But we just got here," said Colette.

I was suddenly overcome with a wave of nausea. I panicked and just ran to the closest bathroom I could find and puked in the toilet.

My friends ran in after me.

"Lucy, are you okay?" asked Ana, "you've been sick for a while now."

"Don't you get it?" I asked, "I'm not sick, I'm pregnant."