Chapter 5: Offering to Accept

You woke up in a dark space. You are confused about where are you right now. Soon, something shines, you look to find the necklace with the glowing crystal which you believe to be the Herrscher core.

"Hello there human." A voice is heard from the crystal.

"Who are you? And where am I?" You asked as he glared at the crystal.

"I am the Herrscher of Providence and what you are seeing in front of you right now is Jewel of Transcend. You are currently inside of your own consciousness." The Herrscher replied.

"So what do you want from me?" You asked and start getting ready for everything that might happen.

"Relax... I have an offering for you." You then got relieved a little after hearing the words.

"What do you say if I can give you the power to defeat that dragon?" The Herrscher said. You got suspicious by the offer you just received.

"That still hasn't answered my previous question," You said.

"Serious much, huh? Alright, I'll get straight to the point. I want you to accept me and I'll give you the power needed to defeat that dragon." The voice said as it giggles due to your seriousness.

"And what will you achieve from that offer?" You asked.

"It's none of your concern... Give your answer for we don't have much time left." The Herrscher said and Y/n realizes that his time is almost finished.

"I will not accept you if I will only cause more trouble!" The Herrscher sighed upon hearing the answer.

"Don't make this hard for me and just accept it." You didn't listen and just got ready for everything that might happen.

"You truly are a human that is hard to persuade. I think I need you to experience more pain than this. Pain from the inside... But I don't think it will happen because you will give me to that Overseer. I will change the offer now... Accept me or your friends will die." You are angered by this but manage to keep your calm for a while.

"Don't.You.Dare.Hurt.Them!" The voice chuckled upon hearing the answer, it felt like he won.

"I will not hurt them. yet. But if you accept my offer, I will think about it." The Herrscher said and you realize that you might not have any more choices. You decided not to push your luck more because you are afraid that what comes next will be worse.

"How? How can I trust you? And what will happen if I accept you?" You asked as a figure appeared. The figure has dark golden hair, dark golden eyes, he smiled mischievously, and a red crystal on his hand.

 The figure has dark golden hair, dark golden eyes, he smiled mischievously, and a red crystal on his hand

Herrscher of Providence

"Happy? You get to see my human form and I am one of a few male Herrscher. I go by Arthur. On what will happen to you, to put it simply, you will become my vessel." The Herrscher said.