Chapter 16: Discovering the Serpents

{Y/n POV}

The streets are crowded, as usual and the night sky is filled with glimmering shining stars. I wonder if I could create a new constellation by matching certain points of the stars. Well, why did I started like this, better go now, considering how bad the stench is here. I am at the alley part of Arc City, where drunkards resided, don't mistake me for a drunkard, I'm just someone trying to dig up information from them.

"Hey!"

I glanced toward the person who called me out. Looking like a man in his 40s, wearing ripped jeans and some old dusty jacket. His face is covered in booze, looking all sloppy and tired as he sink another drink into his mouth. 

"What is it?" I asked.

"You said you were looking-" He burps, not only is it loud, it's also smelly. "-for a white haired girl around the age of 16, right?"

"Yeah, you know anything about it?"

He's actually the only person who pointed that out among those drunkards. There's no guarantee I'll gain information, but I guess it's worth the time.

"I may not know anything about her, but I know who knows..." He drooled as if he had fallen asleep. "...ugh! You know anything about Serpent World, Snake Planet, Worldly Snake..."

"You mean the World Serpent?"

I don't know the details, but I'm aware of it. Otto has once assigned me to investigate a mysterious activity in Swiss Bank, and I've heard one or two mentioning about it.

"Yeah, right! You could try find them, they know most, if not, everything about this world."

He said as he chug on another bottle of whiskey. I suppose he should stop before he seriously pass out from all those dizziness. I don't have the authority to stop him though.

"Where and how could I find them?" I asked, he's making me more curious.

"Well... You could either try find anyone associated with them in this city, or find the Gray Serpent."

Gray Serpent? I've never heard anything about that, but if he/she has the answer I'm looking for, it'd be worth a try.

"How could-"

"I know what you're going to ask me, but I can't tell you. No one knows where the Gray Serpent is, but one thing's for sure, if you want information from him, you better offer him something worth it." He said, before passing out from all those booze.

Offer something worth the information? That's gonna be hard, it's most likely going to depend on the judgement of the Gray Serpent itself. I do, in fact, have something more than enough to trade for that information. The question is, will I willingly trade it? Let's focus on that problem later, right now, I'm going to find the Gray Serpent. 

I jumped from one staircase to another, climbing onto the roof. It has been awhile since I felt this lovely wind blowing at me, giving me a refreshing feeling while also allowing me to think calmly. Sometimes only feeling a gust of wind on your cheeks can help awaken your senses and open your mind. This is one of those times.

I decided to jump through platform from platform and try finding traces of both Kiana or anyone looking like the Gray Serpent. Despite not knowing how he/she looks like, my intuition could say otherwise. After all, I've been trained by Otto himself.

Am I ever going to find Kiana was what I used to thought, since y'know, even Arthur said he can't sense or see her trace. Now, that drunk man have given me hope, I should use this wisely, wouldn't want to end up letting go of this chance.