Chapter 12: A Misunderstanding

Y/n POV

After a while, we finally arrive in Arc City. A place where everybody is fine. Every citizen in this city walks around as if nothing happens. Guess the effects from the Herrscher of Void didn't get heard.

I walk carefully passing through the crowd with Kiana. Even though Kiana's condition is good right now, there's no telling when the Herrscher will be back. I must be ready and I need to stop her when that happens, didn't want Himeko's sacrifice to be in vain.

"Kiana, be careful here. We didn't know anyone and don't know what kind of city is this." I said, warning Kiana not to wander around by herself.

"Alright..." Kiana responded. We wander around together to get food and supplies. Thankfully, I still have a lot of money on my card. We manage to pay off everything, although it did cost some.

We finally arrive at a hotel, this is the place that we're gonna be living at for a few days. I don't think I could find a better one. We also need to save money, the money I have right now is limited, and we need to gain money somehow. I rent a room for one person, it will cost less.

"Kiana, it's ok if we slept on one bed, right? I don't have much with me right now." I asked, smiling and hoping that she would say yes.

"Eh?! Hm... I guess we don't have any choice, after all, we're using your money. I don't have any right to refuse either." Kiana said.

After getting an answer, I order a room for 5 days. The receptionist kindly gives me a card and tells us the room in which we will be residing for the moment.

"Thanks. Now let's go, Kiana!" I said as I walked toward the elevator.

"Wait for me!" Kiana said as she follow me.

We take the elevator and arrive at the third floor, we're supposed to be in room 307. We walk along the hallway for a while and end up missing the room.

"Where is it?" I asked myself while scratching my head.

"Hey, Y/n. I think we miss the room." Kiana said as she point to the door at the right side of the hallway behind us.

I look at the number and realize that it's our room. I froze for a while realizing my carelessness.

Seeing this, Kiana took the card and went to open the door by herself. "Baka..!"

"Sorry... Hehe." I said while following her inside the room.

Kiana lies on the bed by herself, trying to relax after standing up for too long.

"Ah! Finally! My leg is very tired after being used for the whole day." Kiana said in relief after walking around the city.

"It hasn't even been a half day. Honestly, I am tired of walking around. And we need to enjoy our time here, it's not like we're gonna be here forever." I said, wondering what is the next move after 5 days passed.

"Well, I guess I just need to be happy about this," Kiana said, closing her eyes.

"Yeah... Tomorrow, we'll need to go around and see if we could get any jobs." I said.

"You better get a job, alright Kiana?" I said as I turn around only to see Kiana sleeping comfortably on the bed.

I stare at her for a while, then got a little angry for not listening to me when I'm talking. She isn't even sleeping properly. I grab a pillow and throw it at her face.

"Wake up! We're still not done chatting." I said. Kiana grabs the pillow and throws it on the bed.

"Cmon. Why don't you just let me sleep?"

"Cause you owe me much, and we're still in a financial crisis. My money will be gone sooner or later, so we need plans when that happens." I said.

"You sound serious," Kiana said as she try to get back to sleep.

"Cause it is serious!" I responded.

"We'll think better if we rest and wake up in a good condition. So, let's rest!" Kiana said as she got on the bed and slept.

"Alright... fine. There's nothing I could do about it after all."

I look at her and sigh. I grab her and slowly put her on the bed correctly. I cover her with the blanket, making her more comfortable.

I'm just gonna take a shower and then sleep. And of course, that's what I'm gonna do.

As I shower, I began thinking about stuff. To be honest, I feel that thinking is a lot easier when showering. Showering alone made me feel relaxed and let me think more clearly. It also makes me feel easier to speak about my thoughts.

"I guess I should try relaxing while I could. I've been very worried over stuff that has yet to happen. And... kinda overprotective ever since entering this city. I should stay calm and just be more chill about this."

Soon, I finish showering. I went out of the bathroom and go to take some clothes. Just as I turn around, I saw Kiana who is clearly awake and clearly watching me naked right now. And with that, silence fills the room.

"Uh... Hi?"

Kiana quickly points a gun at me and I quickly raise my hand.

"What were you trying to do?" Kiana asks in a cold tone.

"You're wrong, it's not like how you think!" I hurriedly said to assure Kiana that I have no bad intentions.

"Is that so?"

"Y-Yeah!"

"Hmm..." Kiana thought for a while.

(Where the hell did she even get a gun?! Don't need to worry though, it's not like she'll shoot anyways. But for safety reasons, Ima does this.) I grab her hand and pushed her toward the wall.

(Hold on, this looks kinda perverted... Eh, w-wait?!) "S-Sorry! I didn't mean to do it! S-" I said as I let go of her. When I started my apology, Kiana quickly disturb me.

"Y/n. I know about what I said before, but I don't know that you'll take it seriously..." Kiana said, blushing so hard that her face looks like a tomato.

(A/N: If you read chapter 10 then you know what I'm referring to 😏)

"Huh?" I begin thinking and remembering the thing. "Oh, it's not that. It's just a misunderstanding, really!"

And that's how in the end, we slept in the bed while looking in opposite directions and giving some distance between us. Also, the day ended up awkwardly.