Chapter 18: What an Exciting Time

{Y/n POV}

Sounds of mech rampaging around can be heard from across the street. They're trying to catch something or perhaps, someone is more like it. Many people just disappeared because the sound scared them away. That made it easier for me to act.

I can't tell if the place is underground or above or inside the building, however, I do know the things here are very unnatural. In fact, let me take more safety precaution, in case something came out of nowhere.

I am currently running away after hearing sounds of emergency red alarm. I didn't know what will get activated, but surely it can't be good. I'm not going to be that one guy who didn't run when a literal killer is chasing after him.

Sounds of metal crashing and thumping are quite near. Oh right...I'm the one who's being chased. Now that I think about it, everything makes sense.

The metal wall in front of me got crushed by a single punch. A hole is leaking and I could see quite a huge mech aiming it's rocket launcher on me.

"Action."

I swung through the hole as fast as possible before landing on the rocket launcher, which gives me another time to jump again, flipping above the mech. The landing is smooth, not without consequences though.

I looked above and saw a whole army of mechs waiting for me. I can't tell what they're going to do, but surely they would spare me, right?

The mechs arms started to glow brighter and brighter. Should I take it? I mean, I'm pretty durable myself.

"Don't even think about it."

Arthur said. I can see a phantom being, looking and acting exactly like him above the roof. Soon, walls of crystals rise, blocking all the incoming attacks. 

"Hey! I'd argued I could handle it myself."

"But?"

"Not right now."

I quickly pull up an MK-2 Buster and shove it into the floor beneath me. Activating it, causing the scene to explode, giving me a hole so I could escape. That scene was too much of a burden to be honest.

"Time to run." 

I ran across the street to the next building while simultaneously avoiding any unnecessary meet up. I galloped around the streets. Got people cracking them necks to watch an epic scene above them. 

"Woah! What's that?"

I heard someone said that from above here. How could they be so chill when I'm literally fighting for my life right above them?! It's humanity after all. Sometimes, people wouldn't even care about anyone given the right reason for it.

Can I just drop down and get them killed? Nah, I'm not that cruel. I began swinging like spooderman. Y'know? That guy who got bitten by a the random spider and later become spooderman. The friendly neighborhood hero who finish crime by beating up criminals.

Anyways, back to the chase. I've been running away non-stop and I would love to rest right now. Given the current situation, that may not be possible.

"This shall be remembered as one of the most annoying mission I have." I said.

I poke some random building to create a small hole, that hopefully would get me out of this cat and mouse situation once and 1 second at least. I kept on poking because I had no time or not enough time to poke completely.

I've been trying to get glimpse of hope that would put me to rest in this unrestable situation. Thankfully, a missile miss and give a hole on the building's corner. This is where I shine. I leap through several cases until eventually reaching an altitude high enough to propel myself inside.