Chapter II

In the centuries following King Drogo's encounter with Darth Revan, the Raptor Empire began to decline. While still a formidable empire in it's own right thanks to Terra Bogaton's Energy Cannon Defense System, the Raptors soon found themselves relegated to hired thugs under the larger and more powerful Cyclonian Empire. Under the leadership of King Drogo's descendant Repton, the Raptor Empire becomes stagnant with many Raptors craving for the return of the Raptor Glory Age. As for Repton, he hated having to act as hired muscle, but he fully understood that resisting the Cyclonian Empire would mean the destruction of his Empire. On one fateful day in his throne room, Repton was speaking with his brothers Hoerk, Leugey and Spitz when a group of Raptors wearing robes entered the throne room.

Leugey: Uh Repton.....

Repton: Quiet.

Repton watched as the Raptors approached Repton's throne.

Repton: Dzoun, leader of the Cult Of The Herald. Why have you entered my throne room uninvited.

Dzoun: Brothers and sisters, come to me! Come! I have the way out of our misery! For too long, the mighty Raptors have been reduced to hired thugs at the service of outsiders! The Sky Hunter has forsaken us! We have lost his favor! King Repton, why do you remain silent, while we suffer? Have you forgotten our ways?

Repton: Hold your tongue, Dzoun. I have tolerated you and your cult of madmen long enough. Now you stand here and insult me openly? 

Dzoun: The time has come for the Raptors to reclaim their rightful destiny as rulers of Atmos! And the Sky Hunter has given us a way for us to find salvation! The Herald has finally arrived!

The entire room fell silent as Repton was further annoyed by Dzoun's words. 

Repton: And who might this Herald be, Dzoun?

???: That would be me. 

As the voice called out to Repton, a strange walked into the throne room. He wore ancient robes and a mask which covered his face. As the figure approaches Dzoun and the cultists, they bowed to the man. It was in that moment that Repton stood up from his throne and confronted the stranger. 

Repton: And who the hell are you, outsider?!

???: I am Revan. I am the Sky Hunter's Herald. Centuries ago, I defeated King Drogo in single combat. I have returned to bring the mighty Raptors from their ruin. The Sky Hunter has seen what will become of the Raptors. The claws of the mighty Raptors will be dulled and it's warrior spirit shall fade. You have failed the Raptors, King Repton. 

Repton: How dare you insult me in my own palace?! 

Revan: But the Sky Hunter has sent me to bring you all salvation. The Sky Hunter weeps as his chosen people have been reduced to nothing more than servants! The Raptors are not servants! The Raptors are warriors and conquerors who bow to no one! 

Revan then points to the mural depicting Revan's mask. Repton looked around to see many Raptors in his court beginning to bow before Revan. In that moment, Repton stepped forward. 

Repton: Enough of this madness! This is not the Sky Hunter's Herald! He is merely an outsider who had manipulated a cult of madmen into serving him! I am the King of the Raptors! My family has led Terra Bogaton since time immemorial! 

Revan: If that were true, then why am I here? If the Sky Hunter truly favored you, then the Sky Hunter would not have sent me.

Repton: I have had enough of this! You have insulted my honor for too long! Now I'm going to kill you and have your body strung up as an example! And I will finally wipe out these cultists and end their madness!

Revan: If that is what you desire.....

As Revan says this, he pulls out his Lightsaber and activates the red blade. Like the mural, Revan stood Repton wielding a blade of crimson light. Standing his ground, Repton readies his Energy Boomerang and attacks Revan. Revan parries the attack with ease. As Repton presses the attack, Revan grips Repton and begins choking him. He then unleashes a torrent of Force Lightning on Repton. Repton screamed as he was blasted against the throne. 

Leugey: Repton!

As Leugey rushed to Repton's side, Hoerk and Spitz quickly found themselves surrounded by the Raptors who had now turned against him. 

Leugey: We have to get out of here! 

Without hesitation, Leugey along with Hoerk and Spitz grabbed the unconscious Repton and carried him out of the palace. As the other Raptors were about to chase after them, Revan stops them.

Revan: Let them go. They are of no concern. 

Dzoun: As you wish, Lord Herald. 

Revan: Now that the false king has been overthrown, we can now begin our work on restoring the Raptor Empire to it's glory. 

Dzoun: And the Great Darkness that you warned us about?

Revan: We may now begin our work from destroying the Great Darkness from the Galaxy for all time. The....Sky Hunter has sent me to destroy this Great Darkness. And as his chosen people, you all have been given the honor of aiding me in this endeavor. 

Dzoun: We are yours to serve, Lord Herald. 

Revan: Now we must move. We have much work ahead of us.

In that moment, the man who called himself Revan took control of the Raptors, overthrowing Repton in the process. Now Revan could move forward with his plans while Repton was forced to flee and seek out help. And he would soon find help in the most unlikeliest of places.