Chapter X

As the fragile alliance between the Sky Knights and the Cyclonian Empire was formed, the alliance launched a full scale attack on Terra Bogaton. The Raptor Energy Cannons began firing on both the Sky Knight and the Cyclonian fleet. The chaos of the battle allowed the Condor to slip past the Raptor defenses and entered Terra Bogaton. Inside the Condor were Mordecai, the Storm Hawks, Dove, Jolee, T7 and Repton. As the Condor flew into Terra Bogaton, Repton guided them to the gates leading to the Lost Forest. 

Finn: That....doesn't look creepy at all....

Repton: This gate leads to Lost Forest. This is where the temple is. 

Mordecai: Which means that's where Revan is. 

Aerrow: Let's not waste any time! Let's go!

Repton: I must warn you, the Lost Forest is home to some of Atmos's deadliest predators. Only the strong survive the Lost Forest. Follow my lead. 

With that, Repton guided Mordecai and the others through the Lost Forest. As they moved through the Lost Forest, Mordecai sensed a strong presence. He turned to Jolee who simply nodded. 

Voice: What you seek is near. Follow your instincts.

As the voice called out to Mordecai, he turned his attention to the entrance of a cave. As he looked at the cave, he felt something call out to him. 

Dove: Mordecai?

Mordecai: That cave....we must enter that cave. 

Repton: We don't have time for this! We must find Revan and kill him!

Jolee: Patience, Repton. Something is calling out to us. I think it's time we found out who. Mordecai and I will continue on ahead. The rest of you keep moving. We'll catch up to you. 

With that, Mordecai and Jolee entered the cave while the others pressed forward. When Mordecai and Jolee entered the cave, they felt a strong Force presence. 

Mordecai: Jolee....this place is strong with the Force. 

Jolee: I know. I sense it to. Something's here......

As Mordecai and Jolee explored the cave, they came across an ancient altar. After a moment of confusion, Mordecai and Jolee knelt down before the altar and began to meditate on the Force. As they meditate, a Crystal inside the altar began to glow. 

Voice: Good. You have opened the way.

As the voice called out to them, Mordecai and Jolee turned around to see a spirit approaching them. Jolee quickly recognized the spirit's form.

Jolee: Revan? Is that you?

Revan's Spirit: It is, old friend. You've gotten old. 

Jolee: Time will so that to you. 

Mordecai: You're....you're Revan? How is this possible?

Revan's Spirit: Through the Force, anything is possible. When the Emperor's followers struck me down long ago, I learned to release my attachments. 

Mordecai: Then who's wearing your mask and leading the Raptor cultists? 

Revan's Spirit: I.....do not know. But I recognize much of myself in him. The darkness I left behind. He must be stopped. If his fury and madness is allowed to continue, then he will no doubt awaken the Emperor's spirit back to live and he will unleash an unspeakable terror upon the Galaxy. 

Mordecai: What can you tell us about the temple?

Revan's Spirit: The Temple on this world is an ancient Sith Temple built by the Emperor himself. Within the temple lies a powerful weapon called the Dark Reaper. 

Mordecai: Dark Reaper?

Revan's Spirit: An ancient superweapon built by the Sith centuries ago. It worked by harvesting the Force using the Force Harvester, a device that killed anything within range by draining its Force energy and focusing it into beams that dealt massive damage The Reaper required tremendous amounts of energy to function, so the Sith crafted a device that harvested the living force to provide its power. I believe whoever this....dark man is may be planning to use it to kill as much people as possible as a means to awaken the Emperor's spirit and battle him. 

As the Spirit of Revan spoke to Mordecai and Jolee, they realized just how dangerous the threat of Revan was. It was clear that if the Dark Reaper was used on Atmos, it could potentially kill millions of innocent people. 

Jolee: I'm sorry I wasn't there to fight with you. Perhaps things would've been different. Maybe none of this would've happened. 

Revan's Spirit: It's a good think that you didn't, Jolee. I told myself that I was not altered by my centuries in the Emperor's grasp. Whatever this man is....it is my darkest reflection only recently been made manifest. As long as that form remains, I cannot become one with the Force. He must be stopped at all costs. You must do what I could not.

Mordecai: I...I understand, Revan. I won't let you down. 

Revan's Spirit: Good luck and may the Force be with you. 

With that, the spirit of Revan vanished. As Revan's spirit vanished, Mordecai and Jolee took a moment to process what Revan said. It was clear to them that the threat posed by Revan was greater than they could possibly imagine. 

Mordecai: I...I can't believe it. If Revan uses the Dark Reaper, he'll kill millions!

Jolee: And if he manages to awaken the Emperor's spirit, then we're going to have an even bigger on our hands. One that we may not be able to solve. 

Mordecai: Then we have to stop Revan before he uses the Dark Reaper. 

With that, Mordecai and Jolee exited the cave to regroup with the Storm Hawks and the others. In that moment, the full extent of Revan's plans had been revealed. All that was left to do was to stop Revan's plans no matter what before it was too late.