Chapter VIII

After forming an alliance with the Cyclonian Empire, Mordecai and his allies prepared for the inevitable battle to come. On the Condor, Mordecai meditated on the Force. He could sense that something about all of this was out of place. As he meditated, the same voice from before called out to him.

Voice: Trust in the Force. Let it guide you.....

As the voice called out to Mordecai, he was approached by Dove. Mordecai then meets up with Jolee and the Storm Hawks. 

Aerrow: It's going to take some time before Cyclonis mobilizes her force. 

Finn: I still can't believe we're working with Cyclonis! Isn't our whole deal to take down Cyclonis? 

Stork: Desperate times I guess. 

Jolee: We can't afford to wait. We need to move now. 

Finn: Dude, I get that you're wise and all, but the last time we fought this Revan guy, we got our asses handed to us by this Revan dude! 

Jolee: Which is why we need to get a move on! Whatever Revan's planning, it's not good for Atmos. 

Piper: Do you know what Revan's planning? 

As Piper posed that question onto Jolee, the former Jedi took a moment to think on that. Revan's plans were a mystery to him. There was something about Revan's plans that didn't make sense to him. 

Jolee: I don't know. The last time I saw Revan, he had just saved the Galaxy from Darth Malak. He redeemed himself. I couldn't tell you how he's alive. Something's out of place here. There's no doubt in my mind that the man we face was Revan. But...

Mordecai: We know whatever Revan's planning, it has something to do with that ancient temple at the Lost Forest. 

Jolee: Hhm.....

As Mordecai and Jolee pondered on Revan's plans, Repton entered the Condor. The Storm Hawks and Dove became uneasy at the Raptor's presence. The deposed Raptor king ignored the stares as Mordecai spoke to Repton. 

Mordecai: Repton, do you know the temple that your ancestor fought Revan in?

Repton: Of course I do. That temple is sacred ground. It is as old as the Raptor Empire. It was built by the first Raptor King. According to legend, he built this temple in honor of the Sky Hunter. 

Jolee: If Revan sought this temple when he was the Dark Lord, there must've been more to this temple than mere legend. If I had a hunch, Revan saw something. 

Dove: But what was he looking for and why is he seeking it now? 

Jolee: I remember Revan told me that before he lost his memory, Revan founded his new Sith Empire in direct opposition to the Emperor's Sith Empire, intending to conquer the Republic and remake it into something that could withstand the Emperor's assault. Adapting the teachings of the ancient Sith to his own needs. 

Aerrow: You think this....Sith Emperor has anything to do with this?

Jolee: Perhaps. Revan and Malak encountered the Sith Emperor only to be made the Emperor's servants. However, they broke away from the Emperor's control and sought to destroy him. Maybe Revan knew something about this temple and had plans for it before the Jedi stopped him. 

At this point, Mordecai began to piece together the information he knows so far. He pondered over the Great Darkness that Revan spoke of. 

Mordecai: Jolee, do you think the Sith Emperor has anything to do about this Great Darkness? 

Jolee: It's a possibility, but the Sith Emperor has been dead for thousands of years. 

Mordecai: What if....what if Revan is trying to bring back the Sith Emperor? 

Dove: Is that....even possible?

Jolee: The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. 

Piper: But why would Revan want to bring back the Sith Emperor?

Jolee: Let's not jump to any conclusions yet, Piper. This Great Darkness could be anything. 

As the group pondered over Revan's plans, it became clear that whatever it was, it posed a serious threat to Atmos. At this point, Mordecai spoke up. 

Mordecai: It will be some time before Master Cyclonis mobilizes her forces. In the meantime, we'll need to make our way to the Lost Forest and uncover Revan's plans. 

Finn: So you're telling me we're gonna march right back to Terra Bogaton where Revan and his army of crazy Raptors are waiting for us!

Repton: When Master Cyclonis launches her attack on Terra Bogaton, we'll use the chaos to make our way to the Lost Forest. 

With that, Mordecai and his allies had their plan. They would make their way to the Lost Forest to uncover the secrets of the ancient temple that Revan had encountered long ago. But as they set out on their plan, the voice once more speaks to Mordecai. 

Voice: Mordecai Arkous, you know what must be done. You must be ready. Trust in the Force. 

As the voice spoke to Mordecai, the young Jedi turned to Jolee. 

Mordecai: Jolee, I.....

Jolee: I know. I sense it too. I don't think you need me to tell you that there's something wrong about all of this. 

Mordecai: I understand. 

Jolee: Whatever this journey may reveal, trust your instincts. 

With that, Mordecai and his allies prepared for the oncoming battle. As the Condor set a course for Terra Bogaton, Master Cyclonis had assembled a sizable fleet to launch an attack on Terra Bogaton. In the midst of all this, Revan himself prepared for the coming of the Great Darkness. To whatever end he saw necessary, Revan would move forward with his plans.