Chapter XIV

After the initial battle with Revan, Mordecai chased Revan into the inner sanctum of the Ancient Temple. Soon enough, Mordecai found Revan standing before the Dark Reaper. 

Revan: You cannot stop me now! Not when I'm this close!

Mordecai: Stop this, Revan! 

Revan: It must be done!

As Revan said this, he began channeling the Force into the Dark Reaper. As he did so, the ground began to shake as the Dark Reaper began powering up. Realizing that time was short, Mordecai began to reach out with the Force. As he does so, the ceiling began to cave in around the Dark Reaper. 

Revan: No! 

Mordecai then focuses his energy on the Dark Reaper itself. Reaching out with the Force, he gripped the device. He then begins to destroy it from the inside. The power of the Dark Reaper began to overload the device. Soon enough, the Dark Reaper was on the verge of exploding. 

Revan: NO! NOT NOW! 

Despite Revan's best efforts, the Dark Reaper exploded, blasting Mordecai and Revan out of the inner sanctum and back outside the terrace. As Mordecai recovered from the blast, he and his allies approached the wounded Revan. 

Revan: What have you done?! In defeating me, you let the real enemy linger on! You doom...the Galaxy!

Mordecai: Had you successful brought back the Emperor, you would've made the Galaxy's end all but certain. 

???: He is right. 

As the voice spoke out, the Spirit of Revan approached Revan. Everyone was stunned by this sight. 

Finn: Is that....a ghost? 

Spirit Of Revan: So many centuries. The Emperor and his Dread Masters, trying to wrench me apart, to unleash my anger and hatred... I detached myself from the pain. Focused on the Force.

Revan: You hid behind Jedi platitudes! You weren't strong enough to survive the torture! I faced them! I survived them!

Spirit Of Revan: You carried on, dragging the remains of a body that should have long since faded to dust. Hatred fueled cunning, but burned out all wisdom. Without me, you could not see.

Jolee: Strength is useless without wisdom to guide it. 

Spirit Of Revan: Well spoken, old friend. 

Piper: I....I don't understand....

Spirit Of Revan: When I died centuries ago, I had come to terms. I was ready to become one with the Force, but I soon realized that was what only a part of me wanted. The man standing before you now is the manifestation of the darkness within me that refused to die. 

Revan: The Emperor took EVERYTHING from us! Have you forgotten what the Emperor did to us?! What the Emperor took from us?!

Spirit Of Revan: That time has long passed. We have lingered in this plane of existence long enough.

Revan: I.....if we unite, what I am, won't it fade? Become diminished? I....I don't know if I'm ready....

Spirit Of Revan: You have to. We have to. Everyone is waiting for us. Bastila waits for us. 

As Revan's Spirit spoke Bastila's name, Revan fell silent. He looked up to the sky. As he does so, a voice speaks to him.

???: Revan.....

Revan: B....Bastila?

Bastila(Voice): You don't have to hang on anymore. 

Revan: Bastila....my love.....

Bastila(Voice): It's time to let go, Revan. We're all waiting for you. Let go. Find peace, my love. 

As the voice of Bastila spoke, Revan stretched out his hand to the sky. In his eyes, he could see the form of Bastila taking form. In that moment, tears began steaming down Revan's face. 

Revan: I'm...I'm ready. 

In that moment, Revan let go of his anger. As he did so, his body began to fade away with his spirit flowing back into Revan's Spirit. 

Revan: And in the end, as the darkness takes me, I am nothing. Now I know how you felt, my friend.

When it was over, Revan's physical body exploded in a powerful shockwave of Force Energy. When it was over, only the Spirit Of Revan remained. 

Finn: Okay! What the hell is going on here?! What's with the ghost?!

Spirit Of Revan: I am whole. For the first time in a long time. Thank you all for all that you've done. For all that you've shown me. 

Jolee: Think nothing of it, old friend. It felt good helping you once more. 

The Spirit Of Revan then turned to Mordecai.

Spirit Of Revan: Mordecai Arkous. Thanks to you, you have saved the people of this world from my lust for vengeance. You find value in restraint. In virtue. Look at how well your way has served you. You make a fine example. 

Mordecai: Thank you, Revan. 

Spirit Of Revan: I have one gift for you. I offer you a glimpse into your future. You have survived many trials and tribulations. But dark days lie ahead, Mordecai Arkous. Dark days that may engulf you in the darkness. 

As the Spirit Of Revan spoke, he glanced over to Mordecai's allies. From the Storm Hawks to the Cyclonians, Revan looked. 

Spirit Of Revan: Among you stands allies and enemies. In the days to come, all shall play a role. But know that even in the darkest of days, know that the Force will always be with you.

Mordecai: I understand.

As Mordecai was granted Revan's boon, Revan's Spirit spoke to Jolee.

Spirit Of Revan: You have taught this one well, old friend.

Jolee: Kid's got a good head on his shoulders. But I can't take credit for the Jedi that he is now. Give Bastila and the others my regards.

Spirit Of Revan: And we shall wait for you in the Netherworld of the Force. May the Force be with you, Jolee Bindo.

With that final goodbye, Revan's spirit faded away. In that moment, the threat of Revan had ended and he had at last become one with the Force.