Chapter 9- Queen

*Don't play until cue.

Iris P.O.V

Oh my gosh.

Oh MY GOSH.

That was the only thing Iris could think.

It was 11:30 by the time everyone got to the ceremony, and Iris was hiding backstage. Right now, however, it was 11: 50. This is where she comes on stage.

She made her way onto the stage, and everyone gasped.

~Time Skip~ (Cuz I'm lazy) 

*Cue music.

"Iris Elizabeth Caius, do you solemnly swear to protect this kingdom for as long as you shall reign?" Asked the knight.

"I do," She replied.

"And do you promise to do everything in your power to make this kingdom a better place?" 

"I do."

"Then I hereby declare you queen of the Shagwyn." 

The knight toughed her shoulders with his sword and placed a beautiful crown on her head. 

Everyone applauded and fell to their knees

It was like a dream.

Only 3 days ago she was hated. 

Now... she was loved.

And she had high hopes.

"Thank you, everyone. Really. I grew up with humans and then was taken to the Lost Cities. But even there I was lied to, and accused of terrible things. And for a while, I felt like I was alone. I felt broken. Betrayed. But in the end, I just needed to open my eyes. And I know a lot of you feel alone, but I'm here to make a promise that you're not. Life has its obstacles, but you need to take those obstacles and make the best of them because you, my friends, are the writers of your own stories." Iris told the crowd. 

The crowd roared.

After a long night, Iris went home. And not to the guest house... to a palace. A palace!