Chapter 10: Mistral, but not Haven

Chapter 10

    Laying in a fully white room room, Triton has bandages wrapped around his eyes and stub on his right arm, multiple stitches covering his right cheek. Jaune and Ren walk into the room and place Triton’s shield on the side of the bedside table.

Jaune: “Good morning.”

Triton: “Morning.”

Jaune: “How are you feeling today?”

Triton: “Still hurts for the most part, everything’s black, and my right arm’s complaining with even more pain.”

Jaune: “You don’t-…”

Triton: “Phantom pains, no matter how much I remind myself of that, it just continues hurting.”

Ren: “Well your mother sent you a few letters in return, they’re quite long.”

Triton: “Summarize it? I’d prefer to fully read it myself.”

Jaune: “In her first letter, she said; she’s glad that Pyrrha had nice friends, and that she even fell in love. That she’s glad that you have been getting along with us, and she wishes us well in our travels to Mistral. She said she’s always wanted to see SilverBoot Bay, and to swim in water that isn’t always cold. And that you truly are your father’s son.” Do you know your father?”

Triton: “Only through stories, he died when Pyrrha was a baby, and I’ve lost my memory of him.”

Jaune: “I’m sorry, but at least you know you make your mother proud.”

Ren: “And the second letter; “If you don’t get back here I will be giving your piano to your cousin.” That’s all that she said.”

Triton: “Get me a ticket to Argus, she’s not giving anything of mine to that spoiled shithead.”

    Jaune laughs and Ren releases a chuckle, Triton relaxes and taps his fingers on his chest. In the three weeks that Triton has been there, Jaune, Ren, Nora, Qrow, and somehow Ozpin have all visited him, but Ruby has been ignoring him. He’s been there for a multitude of reasons; depression, suicidal worry, loss of a limb, loss of all sight, and poison in the brain.

    The nurses told him that the doctor should be in today a few days ago, but it’s almost sunset, and no word has been heard from them. The nurse walks in and announces that visiting hours are over for the day, and asks Jaune and Ren to leave.

Ren: “We’ll be back tomorrow.”

Jaune: “Have a good night.”

Triton: “Thanks for visiting.

    The two leave and head to the house that they rented, the house was rather lavish. A large kitchen, three rooms, a large dining room, and a large living room. The house was big, nicely furnished, and it’s odd that they weren’t just given temporary dorms in Haven.

    Most of the group is waiting in the living room, a long box is on the coffee table between them, large wording saying “Welcome Back” in blue glitter on the top. The team awaits news from the duo. Ren simply shakes his head and sits on a couch, the group looks disheartened and releases their pemt of breaths.

Jaune: “He’s gaining bodily functions again, they got the venom out of him, but he’s speaking and making jokes.”

    Jaune sits in a chair and sees Ozpin’s cane on the side table, beckoning for his grasp, but threatening of who he is. He shakes his head and looks at the present on the coffee table.

Nora: “I still don’t think he’ll like it, he uses a shield.”

Jaune: “But he uses it for offense more than defense, so why not this?”

Qrow: “Because we already have two of them.”

Ren: “That is a good reason, but the main form isn’t something we have on the team.”

Jaune: “Anyways, where’s Ruby?”

Qrow: “She’s in her room messing with her Crescent Rose, we’ve already tried taking her outa there.”

Ren: “Ever since Triton went off on her like that, but she doesn’t seem to realize that she’s only doing what he yelled at her for, not being a team player.”