Chapter 12: Fossilized Love

Chapter 12

Nora: “Arm wrest, right now!”

Yang: “With ease!”

    Their aura flares in their eyes, as they slam their elbows onto the table. Triton walks into the dining room with a huge salad bowl of soup, he watches the battle with interest, slurping his soup. The fight was intense, no one gained leverage or land, but rather lost it. In their battle, the two crush the table and spill Triton’s bowl all over his lap. He grabs the two and slams their heads into each other, he then leaves the room, tracking broth on his way.

He undresses and gets in a clean pajama suit, he looks at himself in his mirror and then back at his hand. He stared at the emerald accents, the red primary paint, and thought to himself about his past. He sits on his bed.

In his hand is a brown folded staff, a fire and wind dust crystal on both ends, they are held in place by intertwined metal appearing as branches. The chirping of birds make him smile as he waits on a wooden stool, the neighs of a horse gets his attention, he raises a carrot and feels tugging at it. He looks beside him and laughs to himself. 

Standing beside him is his girlfriend, tugging at the carrot in his hand. Her shoulder length brown, hazel eyes, and tan skin, he admires her and the place she lives. He swaps hands for the carrot and staff and hands her her staff.

Triton: “Sorry Amby, I wasn't paying attention.”

Amber: “Stop with the names~”

    She playfully taps his forehead with the wind crystal, he waves it off and shakes his head. He gets up and pets the brown and white horse that she is on, he feeds the horse a carrot.

Amber: “What’s got you so focused?”

Triton: “I was sent a letter by my mother, she wants me to visit Pyrrha for a ceremony. She won the tournament for the 3rd time…”

Amber: “That’s terrific!”

Triton: “Yeah. So, how was your ride?”

Amber: “It was alright, I went out to the city and bought something special.”

Triton: “So long as we have enough for us and the cattle.”

Amber: “Well of course, but… you might want to grab your guitar.”

    He looks at her in confusion and looks at the horse’s saddle, but sees nothing. He sighs and walks out of the shed, heading to the cabin.

Amber: “Already hidden dummy”

Triton: “I can tell. I’ll be in the city in the meantime.”

Amber: “Good luck!”

Triton: “You know me!”

Amber: “Triton”

Triton: “Hmm?”

Amber: “Triton!”

Triton: “Yes dear?”

Amber?: “Triton!!”

Nora: “Triton!!!”

    Triton jumps out of his trance and pops a ball of water, splashing it on him and wetting his clothes once more. His growls in annoyance confuse Nora and as she goes to point it out, he pushes her out and changes once more. When he steps out of his room, he faces Nora.

Nora: “Did you growl in-”

Triton: “Yes, now what is the problem?”

Nora: “Oh yeah! Ozpin came back and wanted us all in the living room!”

    She skips away, back into the living room, Triton follows her in. In the room, the many people are crowded for seating, Jaune takes the armchair, the members rwby takes one couch with their uncle, and the rest of jnpr takes up the smaller sofa. Triton kicks his leg back and forms a chair of ice, he sits on it and waits for the meeting to begin.

Ozpin: “Good, everyone is here now, then we can continue this meeting. We all know that I am Professor Ozpin, that magic is real, and that we are fighting the Grimm and the people who work with the Grimm.”

Weiss: “Sir, you never explained how you’re Ozpin.”

Ozpin: “It’s a very, very complicated order. But I reincarnate in a way, but the curse is that I am not reborn, I’m reincarnated into the body of an already living person, sharing their body and mind.”

Triton: “So what’s the catch?”

Ozpin: “That I can’t reincarnate into a living person.”

Triton: “Yes, but the Human mind is very complex and also sensitive. So how would it react to a second soul sharing in said mind?”

Ozpin: “Right… We will one day be the same, most generally it’s how the host likes it. If Jaune is apprehensive about the connection, the process will be very slow, but if he and I both agree with the future, then it can either be me or him that’ll be the dominant emotion that takes the majority of the bond.”

Nora: “Majority, how?”

Ozpin: “It’s… hard to explain. Jaune understands, though naturally is apprehensive.”

Ruby: “But what are we going to do?”