Chapter 11: Haven show's Sanctuary

Chapter 11

    Overlooking the city of Mistral, Qrow scrolls through his scroll while drinking from his flask. He holds a worn and sorrowed expression on his face. The sun is starting to set, and the city is starting to calm down. He sees a contact in his list and calls it.

Qrow: “This isn’t right… I get one, or two of them, but… all of them?”

    As he continues to ponder his circumstance, a shearing sound comes from behind him, and with it the rumbling of an engine. The engine can be many things, but that shearing sound is one that he’s heard many times in his life. He sighs to himself, not in the mood for this confrontation, but he still turns to the red portal.

Qrow: “Raven!” He holds his arm back, ready to pull his sword out, but stops as the engine gets louder. “Oh…”

    Out of the portal, a blonde haired lady drives her motorcycle out. On the bike behind her, a white haired lady is holding on to the blonde. The blonde has a cybernetic right forearm and elbow, is dressed clean, but has some dirt on her boots. While white is dirty, covered in mud and has some rips in her clothes.

    The blonde wears a tan jacket with orange lining and gold edging, unzipped halfway to show an orange crop top. The coat has darker brown short sleeves, a thick collar that completely encircles her neck, and two long gold-trimmed rectangular tails. She also wears fitted black pants, and her hair has been let down again like her original outfit. Around her hips and over the tails of her coat is a brown belt, which has two pieces of dark brown material trimmed in gold attached to it. The first covers from her left hip to the back of the belt and is folded over the belt, and the second is attached from the right hip and almost around to the other piece of material. She wears knee-high brown boots with gold caps on the heel and toe, with the heel cap attaching to a gold strap across the front of her ankle, and a gold zipper on the upper half of the front of the boots. A single small buckled strap is on the upper outside of her boots, and a purple bandanna tied around her left knee. A pair of black fingerless gloves with long brown cuffs reaching to mid-forearm complete the outfit.

    The white haired girl is wearing a short, glittering dress with a color gradation of gray blue to pale blue at the hem, a sweetheart neckline, and a white, tulle petticoat.A white sash is wrapped multiple times around her waist, and over the outfit is worn a slightly sheer long-sleeved gray blue bolero fastened at the collar with a large sapphire broach that has three pendants dangling from it. Printed on the back of the shrug is the Schnee Crest. Completing her attire are gray blue wedge heels and sapphire drop earrings.

Qrow: “Yang? Ice queen’s sister?”

Yang: “Uncle Qrow!”

Weiss: “What!?”

Qrow: “How did you get here? How did you even find your mother?”

Yang, flexing her arms forward: “Well, she may be kinda smart, but her group isn’t.”

    He cracks a smile and looks back over the railing, the sun is getting lower fast and he motions for the two to follow him. The three catch up, all of them wanting to speak about the truth of Beacon, but unsure how to start it, so they walk in silence. At the end of their strole, they end at a hospital near Haven. Yang and Weiss exchange looks of confusion as Qrow heads in.

Weiss: “Who are we visiting...?”

Qrow: “The person that helped save Ruby, he got out today and needs to be wheeled about.”

Yang, trying to not yell: “They saved Ruby? What happened to Ruby?”

Qrow: “We can talk about that when we get to the house.”

    As Qrow walks up to the front desk, a hand tugs at his left coat tail. Qrow turns around, and in a wheelchair, Triton sits with a blank stare in his right eye, but his left completely blindfolded. His left eye is covered in a bandage and right arm is in a sling.

Qrow: “You already got checked out?”

Triton: “I’m 23, just can’t leave alone due to policy.”

Qrow grabs the handles of the chair: “You feeling alright, you look out of it.”

Triton: “Nightmares, haven’t slept much, a lot of remembrance as well.”

Qrow: “I get that, everyone has been lately.”

    The group heads to the house, after they get off the hospital grounds, Triton gets out of the chair and takes his sling off, flexing his mechanical right hand, colored red with emerald green lining.

Yang: “Nice hand, buuut” She takes off her right cuff and glove, “But mine’s better!”

Triton: “That’s nice, but…” He takes his coat off and rolls his sleeve up to his shoulder, “No it’s not.”

Yang: “How much can you curl with that?”

Triton: “Won’t know until I try, it’s powered by aura, so it feels like normal.”

Weiss: “So, who are you?”

Triton: “Jeez, I know the both of you but you don’t know me? I’m Triton Nikos, the Waves of Victory, at keast that’s what I used to be known as…”

Yang: “You’re Pyrrha’s…”

Triton: “Older brother, yes. Though I strayed from the fame, and became a musician. But now, victory calls for vengance.”

Weiss: “Revenge isn’t something smart to fight for.”

Triton: “Being a Schnee in the hands of the bandit Branwen is worse.”

Weiss: “How did you know that!”

Triton: “I was on the phone with Qrow when you two showed up, he said his sister’s name. You’re wearing expemsive cloths that have rips and covered in mud.”

Qrow: “Don’t need to be a detective to know they wanted to sell you.”

    They get to the house and enter, Qrow calls out for Ruby. The house is full of the scent of food cooking and tea. Though the pleasant scent turns sour with someting burning. Ruby rounds the corner with a tray of tea, keeping her eyes on the tray as they shake.

Ruby: “So… we didn’t know how many people are coming, so we just cooked all of it.”

    When she finally looks up, she drops the tray, breaing the matchingpot and cups set. She frietghenly starts to back up a little, saying excuse after excuse of why she wrote Yang so little, and why she left. But all that ran through Trito’s mind was, “Those where good cups…”

Yang walks up to Ruby and envelops her into a hug, stopping the girl’s ramblings. “I love you.”

Ruby: “I love you too!” She is quick to hug her sister back, her tears changing from worry to happy.

    Jaune, Ren and Nora walk out of the kitchen to see what is going on in the living room, to stay quiet as the sister’s reuinite. Triton looks as his left hand in gloom, holding his hand still like he was holding someone’s hand.

Triton, pats Weiss’ back and whisper’s: “I’ll save some hot water for you.” He quickly leaves the room.