Chapter 16: Kuchinashi

Chapter 16

The Argus Express, the second fastest railway in all of remnant. Triton stands to the side as friends part ways. Sun Wukong, an interesting guy, definitely not from anywhere around here with how he dresses. But as he’s waiting, Yang comes over to him as he’s deep in focus. She looks up to him, smiling, leaning on her hip. However he does not react. She hugs him closely and pat his back.

“Come back to the living~” She teasefully blows into his left ear. Flustered, Triton jerks away but only drags her with him, causing them to trip and fall. “Talk about fast acting!” She giggles and gets up off him.

Triton sits up and yawns, “Shut.”

“Didn’t sleep well?” Yang asks him.

“I haven’t slept “well” for years. I just didn’t sleep this time.”

Yang frowns, “You really are a bummer at times.”

“I like to fight, waiting around doing nothing pisses me off.” He tells her.

She helps him up to his feet and for a moment just looks, watching his uncomfort around her. His slight squirms, small smiles whenever their eyes meet, and his attempts to find anything else to look at. “Do you not like me?”

“No, I don’t have a problem with you. It’s Ruby I dislike, but I know you two are very close.” Triton looks behind the two of them and there, Ruby excitedly gets in the train carriage. “It’s about time to go.”

“Yeah… stay safe, Triton.” She turns to him to give him a fist bump, but is faced with the collapsed bardiche he had been gifted. “Oh? You can keep it, it was a gift to you.”

“I know. But it doesn’t suit my style, so I’m giving it to you.” He takes her prosthetic hand into his own and places the weapon in her hand. “I like my fair share of beat downs, but there comes a time where a trusted blade must be used.”

She closes her hand around the shaft and the weapon unfolds, just under her height it stands. “I’ll remember that, so long as you remember this-”

The train’s horn erupts as a warning to unboarded passengers, and with one squad member missing, Qrow hangs out the train to call for her. Yet, he doesn’t, as a sight he thought unheard of shoots him with shock. Enveloping him into a tight embrace, Yang holds the cheek of Triton down as she feels the warm blue lips of his. Triton, hesitantly, brings his arms around her waist. With his left arm, his hand brushes up her back until it finds itself warmly encased in her long hair, where he finds himself kissing her back. At the feeling of his hand, Yang’s eyes flash red, but quickly, she calms down as they part lips, not hold.

“I uh-” Triton brings himself to stammer out, “I’ll be sure to remember that.”

“Good. I’ll be seeing you in Argus, Triton of Argus~” With the way she draws out his first title, his cheeks become as red as his natural hair, making her crackle in quiet laughter.

The express honks its horn again, although this time it starts on its goal, slowly moving out the station. “Perseus, that’s my first name, Triton is my middle name.” Kissing her once more, he lets Yang go to her destiny.

Yang runs to catch up, using her left gauntlet, she lets out a blast of fire that boosts her forward, until she’s on the back cart. “Learn to have more fun, Percy!” She yells out to him, before the train is full out the station with no turning back.

“Damn, she’s really into you.” The faunus says to Triton, elbowing him in the ribs.

Triton shakes his head and walks away. For three weeks, he stayed in Haven as the chaos let live. With the mysterious murder of Headmaster Lionheart, the city gains a hole in their power struggle for a new replacement. During his stay his mother mailed him his newest weapon, a replacement for his lost ones, a messer that can lengthen into a kriegsmesser, or if attached to his scabbard a naginata. Due to the lack of a headmaster, Triton found a new place to stay for the past weeks, renting out a place in Kuchinashi.

Walking into a bar, Triton gains the attention of those in attendance, shrouded in a brown leather cloak to escape the downpour. The wetness steamed off his cloak, as he slowly marched to the back corner table. At the table, a hefty blonde woman with two bodyguards keeps a hard glare at the unknown stranger.

He slides a picture onto the table, and with his sword he unsheaths it swiftly and stabs through the table, pinning it in place.

Triton’s green eye glows menacingly under his hood, “I need information, and I hear you're the best at it.”

“Ha!” The hefty woman waves a fan at him, “It takes a ballsy man to come into my territory, demand my services. Clearly you don’t understand how this goes.” She snaps her fingers.

Her two bodyguards point their revolvers at Triton’s head. “Takes a coward to order others to fight.” Under the table, Triton’s greaves release water.

The table shoots up high and knocks the guard’s arms up, Triton grabs his scabbard, two hollow poles slide out and he takes hold of the bottom. He kicks the knee of the guard to the right, and beats down the one to the left with his scabbard. The table falls down with Triton’s sword in the wood, he grabs the hand and kicks the table off of it, knocking over a load of gang members. With his cloak fallen from his shoulders, Triton stomps his foot onto the Lil’ Miss’ stomach.

“This woman, find her, get paid.” He grinds the cold, wet blade across his cheek. “As I see it, I’m far more influential than you, Lil’.”

The Lil’ Miss takes the picture from the sword, putting her glasses on and she inspects the image. Cinder Fall, a woman of tall stature with long black hair paired with amber eyes, dressing in the clothes of Haven Academy. “The price if a… hefty one, some may-” A bag of cards slap her in the face, making her slightly get cut by his sword. With a large grin, she snaps her fingers once again, “We’ll be sure to get her in person; on the double.”

“Bring her alive, harmed or not, I want her living.” Triton’s scabbard folds into itself so he could sheath his sword on his hip.

As he leaves the swinging doorway, he bumps into a very short lady, causing her to drop a piece of paper of her own. He kneels down and grabs the paper from the wet floor, sapping it from all moisture. It is not just a piece of paper, but a stealthed photo. A photo of Cinder Fall. The short lady snatches the photo from his hands.

“The Miss is busy with that already, don’t waste your money.” Triton warns the lady, before going back to his hotel.