Chapter 1

Why do I feel like I'm being drowned?

I slowly open my eyes, seeing as my surrounding was enveloped by water. I started breathing normally even though I'm underwater. 

I espied a blur silhouette swimming towards me, my cloudy vision cleared recognizing it was Airi. She gasp and quickly swam me up to the mainland, transforming into her human form and started panicking as I stare at her.  "A-Are you alright, (L/N)-sama?!"

Strange, she usually calls me by my first name also, adding the fact that she's younger and is more anxious yet matured.  

"Ahh... you're still 5 years old and almost gave me a heart attack when I saw you reaching the bottom!!! I'm 2 years older yet useless!! Aaahhh! I'm a terrible student, a horrible student!!" Airi remorse.  

I grabbed her hands before she could beat herself. "I'm alright..." I assured her, caressing my thumbs against her palms to calm her down but, didn't turned out as I expected. 

Airi looked at me in shocked. "D-D-Did y-yo-u just... " She stuttered. Is it my voice? "Is there something wrong with my voice?" I asked. Then, she furiously blushed waving her hands "N-No! Your voice is s-so elegant! I- ah...You often don't speak so, I kinda got surprised." Airi scratched her head. 

I just stared at her. Do I rarely speak that much back then?

'This scenery is unforgettable despite the difference of day and night.' I thought, looking around the area we end in. 

"Did anything occurred last night?" I asked. Miyazaki thinks for a bit then shoke her head. "Yes. I was scouting this heres Beach last night and I saw people in suits on ski boats and jet skies casing after a strange bird..." Airi explains as I stared at the horizon, the memories of that engulfs my surroundings.  

3rd Person POV 

The culprits boarded a helicopter and took off as the (H/C)-ette ran towards them, jumping a height, landing inside the vehicle which shocked all the people on board. 

One pushed (Y/N) off, grabbing onto one of the landing gears. Swinging onto the other gear then swung forward in a "C" point, kicking two members off the copper in the process. 

The helicopter then exploded, ending the flashback. 

That means we're located at the rocky side of the Yokohama Beach. After Airi's explanation I suggested us to change in some dry clothes.  

Surprisingly, there were clothes and some essentials in my (waterproof)bag.

I assisted Airi to walk for she had a bit of struggles on walking since, it's been a while after our last practice in this age. 

Airi directed us both to a nearby food truck, she ordered my (favorite/snack) and (favorite/flavor) Milk Tea, then hers. 

The people didn't mind a toddler carrying a dangerous weapon and just thought it was a 'prop'.

I kept questioning myself to whether not tell Airi about me being in the past. Will it effect the time paradox? 

I snap to reality to Airi explaining situations during this time that the populations of demons and soulless increasing and are racking habits all the places, every now and then. 

I already heard this from "The three Onis" I'm friends with, telling me about their childhood, and the soulless. Some were naturally burn, some were once humans that got infected by the virus, and the key on defeating the soulless. 

They also told me the rules of the soulless; Once you're bitten or got scratched, you're now one of them. I promised them back then to keep the family thing a secret.