First meetings

"Oh..."

Miss Coppell was a fairly young woman likely edging towards her forties, and perhaps under better circumstances would even have been attractive. Instead she looked exhausted and stressed, her tawny hair was pulled into a messy ponytail and her eyes had bags weighing them down.

"Thank you for coming, I have had a terrible time trying to get anyone to listen to me. " she offered in a tired sigh but hesitated to invite Peter in, glancing back towards Matt who had stood when he heard Parker speak and moved closer to the door, making it all the more clear that the glasses were not a fashion statement.

His fingers found the handle of the long cane, and it proceeded his methodical movement from the couch to the foyer to stand a few feet behind Miss Coppell.

"No, please, Mister Parker was it? I'm glad you are here. We were just finishing up anyway, I think it would be best not to waste any time getting information out about Michael."

Miss Coppell nodded her agreement and stepped aside to allow Peter to come into the small apartment. Matt took a step back to remain out of the way and moved back towards the couch his hand wandered out slowly to feel for his bag, a leather over the shoulder style, which he lifted over his head as Peter made his way in and Miss Coppell shut the door behind him.

The soon to be lawyer was lean and fit, not a whole head taller than Peter but wider in the shoulders, his facial hair was remarkably neat for a man who had no means of seeing it, and its dark brown faded into the auburn red of his hair, also neatly carefully combed back.

Though no amount of neat manscaping could divert from the purple bloom along his orbital bone.

Matt turned towards the journalist and offered his hand to shake, pretty well directed considering he couldn't see, though his head stayed cocked away in a manner just slightly telling.

"My name is Matthew Murdock, I'm a legal consultant, working on my law degree. I was just speaking with Miss Coppell about her possible legal options in regards to the police's response, or lack thereof, but I think it would be more conducive to finding Michael if we were to have more eyes looking for him. Something you can likely help with a lot better than I."

He offered a small smile, his hands coming back to gasp the cane to his chest.

"I gave Miss Coppell my information already but if I can be of any help feel free to reach out to me."

He had produced a card from his bag, it had his name and number on it. Both in print and braille.

He didn't quite want to rush out, there was something about this man that intrigued Matt.

His skin was warm, his heartbeat a little faster than average. But more than anything there was a smell about him that Matt could not place.

He was more than familiar with the smell of fear:

cortisol, adrenaline, dopamine. Pleasure and anger and attraction had their own tints, their own markers.

Matt could tell he held a nervous energy, but that wasn't it either.

Peter Parker, the journalist from the Daily Bugle vibrated on a frequency Matt Murdock had never encountered.

-

Peter remained rooted on spot, hesitant, his eyes flickered back and forth between Miss Coppell and the stranger who was slowly rising to a stand behind her.

As he watched him retrieve his cane by his side the realization quickly dawned on him. It didn't exactly take a PHD to figure out the man was blind. So as Miss Coppell stepped aside, granting him entrance, Peter followed him into the living room, wanting to properly introduce himself.