❪ 007. ❫ never the same    

The air was rather suffocating for her, her lungs pushing out any bit of air they could. lying on the cold hard floor in the trance of her clouded mind, memories left as quickly as they came. the feeling of slowly bleeding to your end, that feeling dying. it felt nice running from your problems, dropping everything and not have a care in the world. she wanted that more than anything in the world, to be a lawyer or wonder woman as she always told her mother as a young girl. to be normal, to find love. or maybe she has found love, maybe she does get to feel what other's do, to fall for someone, the yin to her yang.

It was clear she loved Natasha, the well skilled assassin had as cliche as it was, loved her at first site. aware of both their backgrounds, she felt that Natasha understood her, shared her pain, made the weight of guilt on her shoulder a little lighter. and though she hid it well, Natasha felt the same. how was she to tell the fellow widow that she had feelings for her?, that was the hardest part. loving someone and having no clue how to tell them. And now it looks like now it might be too late, Kristen was on the brink of dying. the woman who's fought for her whole life, she made a promise; to burn this place to the ground, but she was so close yet so far from her goal. they knew her, they knew how her mind worked, they knew her motives and they definately knew her weakness'.

It's been half an hour since she's been lying there, trying to get up countless times; but eventualy gave up. feeling overwelmed by a surge of emotions from previous altercations, betrayal, hurt but most importantly anger. Angry that she couldn't help her friends, Angry that she broke her promise. she was a person that valued promises, her Dad always told her a promise is like a sacred bond between two people, and that she should never make a promise that she know's she cant keep. But that's what she did, she thought she could free Vera and the others, that they could all live their lives how they want. But all she did was drag her down with her, into this pit of isolation and bloodshed. Her being too lost in the misery of her own, failing to notice someone enter. As the person came closer she tried to get up once more, thinking they wanted to fight.

" im here to help you, calm down "

        "And how do i know you're not lying ?"

" Im a S.H.E.I.L.D agent undercover, sent for backup after we lost touch from another agent "

" what's a S.H.E.I.L.D ? "

" that's enough question's for now "

Helping her up was the agent who she had come to know as Maria, a Former Deputy Director of S.H.E.I.L.D as they called it. though she did not know her much less trust her, she accepted the help. for the first time in a long time, Kristen was vulnerable, she would now be seen as weak. she was tired, tired of any and everything. She wanted to leave, to destroy them, but destroying them ment destroying herself in the process. almost halfway down an empty hall carefully not to be seen, she heard a click of a gun at the back of her head.

" and where do you think you're going ? "

The voice had a striking similarity to Natasha's, but then again it could be another assassin aiming to kill not only Kristen, but perhaps both of them.

" well i wasn't planning on going anywhere, seeing as i have about 12 bullets up my ass "

Maria was suprised by her colourful blatant language, she had come to the conclusion that she cursed alot, but not as much as Nick Fury. Both of them turning around to expect some random agent, They were met with the Black Widow herself.

" Kristen ? "

   " Natasha ? "

" What the hell was that? "

" I thought you were Vera "

" Why would you think that ? "

She didn't want to answer that question, she wasn't quite over the fact that she lost her bestfriend, to them. And what they would do, they now might have had leverage, meaning for both Vera's and Eliza's sake it wasn't going to end well. They have certainley poked a nerve, and you should know to never poke a beast.

" Nothing, nevermind "

" glad you're alive Luovr "

That being said followed by a hug from Natasha, she pulled away shortly after, not that she didn't love the hug; but it was the fact that they had to go, a guard could approach any minute. And knowing her, by habit she'd stay to kill all of them dispite being badly hurt.

" Now I have some coordinate's and I beleive it has something to do with why we're here, where do we go from there ? I dont know, but try to stay alive."

" Why do i feel like you're talking about me Romanoff ? "

" Because I am, now let's go "