Chapter 6

Regina and Emma stayed at the hospital through the night. After a few hours, Henry had fallen asleep and the two of them were alone together.

"We never got around to that kiss..." Emma muttered to her. They were sitting on two chairs next to each other.

"Not now. Not here. I don't want us to have to share our first kiss in the hospital, with only the smell of medicine around." Regina said simply. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you before. But I love you. And I was afraid to tell you the truth in case you didn't feel the same way. I didn't want to ruin the friendship we already had."

"That's exactly how I'd felt." Emma said.

"I think Henry knew." Regina admitted. "That I have feelings for you, I mean."

"Smart kid." Emma said. "Should we tell him?"

Regina wasn't sure why, but she didn't want to. Maybe because telling Henry would make everything real, and she wasn't sure she was ready for love again quite yet. "Let's wait until things get more official." She said instead.

"Okay." Emma whispered to her. Emma just wanted to sleep. She rested her head on Regina's shoulder, and within minutes, had fallen asleep. Regina was tired too. She hadn't slept since Henry's accident. Her eyes started to close... 

After they had both fallen asleep, Snow and David came back to check in on Henry.

"Hey David." Snow gave him a shove in the shoulder, and pointed at Emma and Regina. Emma's head was still resting on Regina's shoulder.

"I wonder what's going on there..." David muttered. He'd gotten the feel for a while that her daughter wasn't really into guys anymore. But REGINA? No way.

"I'll bet you fifty dollars that the two of them have started dating." Snow told her husband.

"Oh, no way, Regina would never admit her feelings for Emma IF she had them." Charming said. "In other words, the bet is on. BUT to make it more interesting if Emma is gay or bisexual, you owe me fifty dollars."

"Oh, it's on." Snow said.

The next morning Emma and Regina awoke to find that Henry was being sent home. 

"Gosh kid, we were really worried." Emma said. "You sure you're okay?"

"Yeah." Henry said. "Fine."

"Come on, let's take you home." Regina said. "Let's get ice cream somewhere else next time, how about that?"

"Well, madame mayor, I don't think there are any other ice cream shops in Storybrooke." Emma pointed out. 

Regina smiled at her. "No, I suppose there isn't."

The three of them went home together. And they felt more like a family than they ever had before. 

"Why don't we go out to lunch together?" Emma suggested. "The house is kind of out of food at the moment."

"Sounds good to me." Henry agreed. He smiled at his two parents.

The rest of the day passed in a blur. Henry, Regina, and Emma had lunch together, got some much needed groceries, then Henry went to a friends house for a few hours. Eventually, they decided to just let him have a sleepover.

Emma and Regina spent the rest of the day together. They were talking mostly.

"I don't have much planned." Regina said. "I'll just cook something quick for dinner."

"Let me help out." Emma said. 

"I didn't know you knew how to cook." Regina told her.

Emma laughed. "I don't. But lets me honest, nether do you." Regina laughed too.

An hour later they had a nice meal prepared. They sat down together.

 "Our second date." Emma said, smiling.

"How romantic." Regina said. "The first date we have is the the one where our son gets sent to the hospital and the second one is a meal made by two of the worst cooks in town." They laughed and ate the meal together.

They went to bed early, after getting some work done. 

"It's been a strange week." Emma said.

"That it has." Regina agreed.

Emma gave her a small kiss on the cheek, and went into her bedroom. Regina smiled, and left too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

So I'm not really sure where I'm going with this story. Sorry for the short chapter. I'll try and make the next one better.

I'm done with the whole Henry getting hurt storyline. Hopefully they will have their first kiss soon.

Hope you're enjoying the story!

#SwanQueen all the way