Chapter 11

Emma walked home that night, unsure of what to think. She'd finally been in a relationship that both she and the other person wanted that wasn't destructive. And then Regina ended up in jail. Apparently it was only temporary, but these things never ended the way anyone expected. She'd as long as she could at the station that night, trying to pretend she was busy with work, when it truth she had been worried about Regina, and trying to stay there for as long as possible. Eventually, Regina had forced her home to get some sleep. Emma had too many things on her mind to sleep.

After hours of lying awake, Emma eventually fell asleep, however unwillingly.

******************************

Her eyes were starting to open ever so slightly, and she was surprised when the alarm didn't wake her. Then she remembered that Regina was always the one to set the alarm before she went to bed. Emma groaned and turned over to look at the clock.

9:31 AM

SHOOT!

She jumped out of bed and got ready as fast as she could. She walked into the station a few minutes before ten. 

"I'm so sorry I'm late, I said I'd be here at eight, and I slept in by mist--what's going on here?" Emma asked. Regina was sitting down, clearly doing another interview. 

"Emma, I know who opened the portal, and it wasn't me." Regina said. "It was my mother. She turned up here in the middle of the night."

Emma sat down, her head spinning. Cora couldn't be back. It wasn't possible. She'd been sent to the world that was beyond the underworld last time they'd ended up there. It was taking a long time to process this. "How is that even possible?" She asked.

"We don't know." David said. "But I know that if Cora is truly back, she is responsible for all the wrongdoings. So we're letting Regina out, and hoping that Cora is at fault."

Thank god. Emma thought. She'd been so worried that Regina was going to be stuck in a cell for a few days. 

"I'm going to go write all this down," David said, leaving the room.

"Oh, my god Regina I've missed you so much." Emma whispered.

"You have no idea." Regina said. She stood up from the table.

Emma swung her arms around her girlfriend, and gave her a long kiss. "Careful, Ms. Swan, your father is going to be back soon." Regina whispered when Emma finally moved her lips away from Regina. "And we have other things to discuss." But Regina pushed forward for one last kiss and then they separated. 

"So...Cora's back huh?" Emma asked. "She must have somehow traveled back to our world instead of going to the other way out of the underworld or whatever she did."

"I know." Regina muttered. "She probably lied to Zelena and me when she said all that stupid stuff about being a better person or whatever."

"Well, I guess we have to find her." Emma said.

"And what do we do when that happens, huh?" Regina snapped. "She can escape wherever we put her, and she can even come back from the dead, so killing her won't do any good."

"Regina, I get how you're feeling, but I promise, we will figure it out. We've been able to defeat all of the villains before this, and we can destroy her too." Emma told her.

"I know," Regina said, collapsing. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Emma promises. "But first we are going to have to find her, take her here, then figure out what the rest what else we can do."

"That would be a good idea," David said, entering the room. "But we have no idea where Cora is, or how to get to her."

The options of how to find her mother ran through her mind, but Regina could only come to one conclusion that might actually work. She couldn't find her through a tracking spell, because she didn't have anything left of Coras.

"I have one idea." Regina told the other two. "We have to somehow reel her in. We have to have her come to us, instead of the other way around. Knowing my mother, she probably has some big plan to destroy the town or something. But also knowing her, she's going to use everyone she can."

Emma shook her head, knowing the direction she was taking with this. "Regina, no."

"I have to become the Evil Queen again."

"You're going to be mixing potions in your vault?" Emma asked. "May I ask what kinds of potions are Evil Queen-worthy?"

"It's better if you don't know." Regina said. Emma didn't push it.

"Are you sure I should come down there with you?" Emma asked. "I know I can go undercover with you."

"Emma, no. I can't let you do that." Regina insisted. "And besides, my mother will know something is up if she sees me down there with the Savior."

"I was destined for great darkness, maybe if you explain that to her--"

"No!" Regina said harshly. Emma took a step back. "I'm sorry. I just want to keep you safe."

"And I want you to be safe. If there is anything I can do, please, Regina, tell me." Emma told her. Regina took a step forward and Emma kissed long and hard. Emma's body tensed up at first, surprised, but quickly relaxed and started pushed their lips together harder. They were kissing, kissing like they had never kissed before. And it felt like there was nothing in the world but the two of them. Both wanted to stay like that for hours. Emma could feel the softness of Regina's lips on hers. Emma threw her arms on Regina, and tugged her closer and closer, Regina did the same. She felt a soaring feeling, like she was flying through the air, not a care in the world. 

At once, Regina remembered where they were, and that David was just in the other room. But just when there were about to pull away, their lips separated for a brief moment. Then Emma whispered, "Stop so soon?"

"Your fathers in the other room." Regina muttered quietly.

"So?" Emma grabbed her again, and then felt the familiar soaring feeling as they both begin kissing hard again. Emma taking steps back, and Regina taking steps forward, until they were against a wall, kissing hard. And if it weren't for the fact that they were in a public place, Regina would have kept kissing her like that, for hours, not stopping until she was forced to. But then there was a creak of a door, and the two were forced to jump apart. 

Regina wished she could keep kissing her. She wished she was never forced to stop. She wished that she would be able to kiss her again. But Regina knew that it would be a long time before she'd be able to do anything like that ever again.