Thirty three

Haneul sits on the waiting chair, looking at the queue number on a piece of paper in her hands

Haneul sits on the waiting chair, looking at the queue number on a piece of paper in her hands. Her heart feels like popping out of her chest, nervously waiting for her turn to check up.

It's been weeks since the last checkup with the doctor, which makes her feel even more nervous.

The people's in the waiting room are not too crowded since it's still early in the morning. She's kinda relief the fact that she'll not be there all day waiting for her turn.

"Kang Haneul, you may come in." the nurse calls out her name, pushing the office door open to let her in.

Kang Haneul...

I hope I can remove the surname from my identity card.

Haneul immediately stands up, showing the nurse a slight smile before walking inside the office with a heavy heart. She holds her bag tight, pinching her lips shut.

"Good morning, Miss." The doctor warmly greets.

"Morning, Doctor Kim." Haneul returns the greeting. She's already familiar with this doctor since he's always the one who treats her condition.

Doctor Kim Namjoon...

"You may sit."

She obeyed him, making herself comfortable on the chair.

"So how's you're feeling? It's been weeks and almost a month since the last check-up. May I know why?"

She let out an embarrassed chuckle, "I'm good thank you. Yeah, lately I'm a bit busy with work."

She studies his face, still amaze by how handsome the doctor is. His buzz cut really suits him well and he looks pretty young too.

"I see, so... Is there any updates? If there's anything wrong with your health, you can say it now." He questions while scribbling down on the paper listing something she doesn't understand.

Should I ask him?

"About my heart, It's weird..."

"What do you mean weird, miss?"

"I feel pain sometimes, but when it does hurt, I feel like passing out. I've never felt this way before, and it's kinda bothering me now." She explains, genuinely curious about the doctor's answer.

Doctor Kim looks at her in a concerned expression, slowly placing his pen on the table before leaning on his chair. He fixes his glasses by pushing them slightly up to his nose bridge.