Chapter 7

Amoras pov

for hours we drive in the dark streets, passing by broken street lights, houses and buildings lit on fire, looters, and the screams of people being attacked.

I look around at everyone's sleeping face and I frown in jealousy as I am unable to sleep.

When I close my eyes I can still feel the mans hands on my ankle.

Everyone's body lays bent up and in awkward positions as they dream

Eventually, the sun comes up and still the others continue to sleep.

I open up my back pack and pull out my book to read.

***

Allister pov

The sun shines through the back of the truck and onto my face, forcing my eyes to open.
I wipe the sleep from my eyes.
Despite the current situation this turned out to be the best sleep I have ever gotten.
I turn my face to the sound of rustling pages

I watch as Amora sits with her legs crossed reading a book.

Did she even go to sleep?

I look to the drivers seat and notice that sometime during the night Jenny and Dante switched places, as she is now driving and he lays with his head on her shoulder.

I look back at Amora as she flips another page of her book.

"What are you reading?" I ask startling her from her book.

She gasps and holds her hand to her chest.

"You scared me, I didn't know you were awake." she bends back a corner of her page to mark her spot and shuts her book.

"You didn't answer my question."

"Oh, um midnight sun." she shows me the front of the book, I read the title and the fine print "twilight saga"

"Twilight?" I raise my eyebrow at her

"Yes...is there some wrong with that?" she bends her knees into her chest and gives me a coy grin.

"I mean... I just never pegged you for a twilight stand." I smirk

"Wow, so judgemental." she playfully rolls her eyes and pulls out a  water bottle to take a sip.

"Did you get any sleep?" I ask

"No." she avoids my eyes as she places her water bottle back in her backpack.

"Why not?" I probe her looking at her face for any hidden expressions.

"...I don't know-I mean I just couldn't  fall asleep." she gives a guilty face

Shes lying, why wont she tell the truth? Is something going on with her?

Our conversation gets interrupted by jenny.

"Sorry to interrupt but - uh- we are like almost out of gas." she purses her lips awkwardly.

"Shit." I sigh and rub my forehead.

I look out of the truck for any near by gas stations, we shouldn't be stopping for anything right now seeing as to how we have nothing to defend us from looters and zombies.

"Uh, pull over to that gas station over there, it seems pretty empty"

She pulls in to the gas station and stops the car in the middle of the lot.

I turn my head to one of the pumps to see a big sign "EMPTY"

I turn to the next one "OUT OF ORDER" and one after the other they have some sort of "out of order" sign on it.