Chapter 17

Amora's Pov

"in my boot" 

"what?" I ask Allister in a tired tone

"I have a pocket knife that I keep in my combat boot, I need you to get it for me." he nods done to his left shoe next to me

I look around, the greasy one that is supposed to be watching us is looking through the pantry not paying attention to us, while the one that's called frenzy is outside picking through the peach trees.

I quickly turn around and use my tied-back hands to dig around his boot until I grab onto the knife and pull it out.

just as I turn back around, greasy turns around as well and looks at us 

"make sure not to do anything stupid guys, I'm feeling trigger happy." he waves the gun in his hand around, before turning back to the pantry.

I look over to Emi as she leans on Maria as she bawls her eyes out trying not to look at Mark's body.

I look at the others, they all have a grim and mournful look on their face.

"hand it over to me and I'll cut you free." he nudges me.

I hand the knife over to him and he cuts me free, then I use it to cut him free.

I then use the knife to free kat as she is the one closest to me.

"Allister you take the one outside, Kat and I will handle this guy," I whisper to them.

I remove the rest of my duck tape and crawl over to hide behind the tall counter. I hold my hand out to tell kat not to move.

I slowly peek around the counter. I almost gasp out as I take in the zombie that sits tied to a cabinet next to the floor. I turn back to Kat and motion for her to slide the knife over to me and she does. 

I use the knife to cut the knot off the leash and without even thinking I remove the gag in its mouth and ram its open jaw into the back of greasy's neck. The zombie bits down and pulls as many tendons out of his neck to feast on.

He groans out in pain and his knees buckle as he grasps at the wound trying to keep his blood from pouring out. I use my knife and stab it through the zombie's skull, to ensure it won't run off and bite someone else.

I lean the zombie's dead body over on the floor and walk over to greasy.

I pry the gun from his hands, stab my knife into each of his thighs and run it down through his thigh muscles until it hits his knees, preventing him from moving.

"you guys killed mark," I say to him.

I stab the knife into his stomach, then his ribs.

 I move my hands to choke him.

He struggles, turning grey, and hitting me with his fists, I wince as his knuckles connect with my bottom lip.

He shakes and lurches forward, distracting me from noticing his teeth sinking into the inside of my forearm.

I use all my strength to slam his torso back into the floor.

I use the knife and stab it through his eye, into his brain, and his body stills.

I stand up straight and lean over the counter trying to catch my breath.

Allister stands up and grabs the rifle off the table before going out the back door to take care of the man outside.

I slide the knife over to jenny "use this to free yourself" I limp over to the hall and exit, moving through the foyer.

Kat follows behind me and picks up my baseball bat that lays on the floor.

"We need to sneak up on him," I whisper to her.