Fascinating {chapter 1}

((So I've just recently gotten into Sherlock so I decided what the hell not. Ima write this thing, so maybe someone out there will enjoy it. Just let it be known. I don't know everything about the show. So this is more loosely inspired by the characters more then anything))
((Hope you enjoy reading))

Y/n's P.O.V
I take a deep breath looking up at the building I was checking out today.
There was a flat I was looking at. Ms. Hudson the land lady was an old friend of mine who happened to have an opening and I decided to take a look. 221C Baker st. Ms Hudson had warned that the neighbors were- eccentric. So not only was I there to see the apartment, I wanted to make sure I could stand the neighbors.
I walked up the steps and gave two sharp knocks on the door. The door opened to reveal Ms. Hudson wearing one of her favorite purple tops. Purple was always a good color for her.

"Oh Y/n perfect timing. The boys should be back soon, so you can relax a bit before they do."

"Thank you miss Hudson. And it's two sugars please." I knew her well enough to know that she would have been making tea for my arrival, and from the look in her eye I knew she was about to mention it. She's kind that way.

"Oh I know, I know, now follow me." Ms. Hudson lead me upstairs. "That door leads to the living area. We can take a look at that in a moment." She says pointing at a door that was still open as she leads me further upstairs. So I got a decent look at the clutter. It was a bit messy but it did appear that someone attempted to push the mess aside to make it seem more presentable.
"This is John's room. And what would be yours is here." she opens up a door revealing a very cluttered room.
"What's with the excess clutter?" I question looking about.

"Sherlock was convinced that no one else would be able to stand living here anyway. So he put currently unneeded things in here. I can't tell you about him. But I'm sure John would willingly help clean up a bit."
I nodded softly. If these were all belongings of some sort of this "Sherlock" he must be into science, and from the looks of things he did all sorts. Going on how things were grouped together and how old other things seemed to be. He would hyperfixate on something for a while and when he found a new fixation he would forget about another. So definitely nyrodivergent.
Maybe we will get along?

Ms. Hudson gave me that knowing look. She had a knack for sensing when I was thinking about something. "What are you deducing now?"

"Will I be working with him?"

"Pardon?"

"Sherlock. If my thoughts are correct. Which they tend to be. He seems to go from thing to thing as needed. This room has been gone through multiple times so that means he hasn't simply forgotten. All of it is science related, biological examination specifically. So I'm assuming he works for or with Scotlandyard there for I'd possibly be working with him"
Ms. Hudson smiles.

"Oh if he has his way something tells me you two will work a lot together." She says "now now come along and get some tea while it's still hot." She leads me to the living area, the kitchen table covered in equipment. Proving my theory further.
"Sit sit. Feel free to move things if necessary" she says as she comes over with two cups of tea. I move some things over on. The couch and sit down.

"Thank you Ms. Hudson" I say as I take the tea.

As we drank our tea. I could hear two sets of foot steps coming up the stairs.

"You know I didn't want to have to say it but-"

"John-"

"I told you so"

"John I swear" there conversation stopped as they walked in.

"Who's this?" Sherlock questioned making me look up and down.
I smirk eyeing him for a moment.

"I'm Y/n. I might be taking the extra room upstairs. I'm assuming you're Sherlock?"

"Obviously" Sherlock says.
John sighs.

"I'm John it's a pleasure to meet you." He says with a kind smile. He was rather cute. While Sherlock was rather mysterious.

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well"
Sherlock was pinning up photos. Obviously of crime scenes. He was glaring at one in particular, assumingly whatever they went and looked at today.
I got up and walked over to examine it cause I was curious.
"It was an injection" I said simply.

"Pardon?" John says. Sherlock looks at me.

"The bulge at her neck. Unless there are any sort of injuries on her back side that aren't visible. Which wouldn't make sense." I pause to sip my tea
"It couldn't be a bug bite unless the bite happened soon after death and the picture very soon after that. Logical conclusion also based on location of the bulge. Someone had to have injected poison into the victim's blood stream."
I explain sipping my tea.

"Wow-" I turn to look at John as he spoke.
"That's brilliant."

"Fascinating-" Sherlock mutters.

"Didn't think there would be another one did you?" Ms. Hudson says.

Sherlock's P.O.V
I listened carefully to Y/n as he spoke. He got it right. Just by looking at the photo.

"Another one?" They questioned looking at Ms. Hudson.

"Another Sherlock" John answers.
Y/n looks at me. I hadn't been able to look away from them so we make eye contact.

"Sherlock Holmes."

"Y/n L/n"
He smirks slightly. "So how do you two feel about dogs?" Y/n asks.

"Why do you ask?"

"There's a friend of mine who owns a dog and when they can't be home I watch the dog. If I move in I want to be sure it's alright"

"It should be fine yeah" John says.
I just shrugged
"As long as the animal doesn't get in the way I suppose"

"Perfect" Y/n says checking the watch on their wrist. "Well then. I've got to go. It was a pleasure meeting you" they said setting down their now empty cup of tea. "Thank you for the tea miss Hudson. Your company was as welcoming as always. Now good day"
And with that Y/n was gone.

"Fascinating"

//word count 1035//