Rage {chapter 11}

Sherlock's pov

Rage. That was the only label I could find to fit the emotion that plagued my mind. Anger and rage. At first I didn't care. John could do whatever he liked, going out for coffee with y/n? Why not? That was the question. Why couldn't he? Why did it make my blood boil? Figuratively of course. Blood actually boiling would be quite deadly, for the victim but most likely those near by.
I only became more irritated when I found John's usual choice of coffee shop without John there. It hadn't been long enough for him to order a cup let alone finish it. So they were obviously somewhere else. I could have just called him. I knew that. Yes I'll head back home, call him like I've never left.
My thought process was gone when I saw a man on the other side of the street holding a to-go coffee. He was heading this way which means he came from the left or right since there's no coffee shops forward. And since he's on my side of traffic, he came from the left. There has to be a shop that way. I'll give it a look, just in case.

I walked into a crowd of people who were all going to the coffee shop. I nearly turned around right there. But that's when I saw them. Y/n putting his hand on John's. Why didn't John push it away? Was he actually interested in this date? After insisting he wasn't gay every time it was brought up it made no sense. Was John really that desperate?

"Oh- hello Sherlock" Y/n says with a smile, But not what I'd come to see as his usual smile; this was different. They were mocking me. Why? "Care to join us? John only just ordered."

"John we have work to do."

"Do we really?" John asks.

"Of course, we have a case to work on." Y/n was giving me this look. I couldn't figure out what it meant which was only more frustrating.

"Fine fine. Coming y/n?" John asks.

"No. I think I'm going to enjoy my coffee. Just let me know if you need me will you?" Y/n spoke, holding eye contact with me whilst taking a sip of his coffee. Very few people could hold eye contact with me like this. Usually I'd find it impressive but right now I found it annoying.

"Alrighty then." John says finally standing up. "Sherlock."

I turned leaving the small table, knowing John would follow. Now I had new suspicions about our flat mate.

{hello everyone one! Sorry for the long wait! I just wanted to quickly thank you for all your comments and support on this fic. And I hope you enjoy all that comes next!  Thanks for your patience and your kindness

Ps. Sherlock's pov is harder to write then I thought it would be}