Chapter 1

In the age before time, when everything was at the beginning, there were two goddesses who looked over the world. Eleana, goddess of peace, and Veliona, goddess of chaos. One day, Eleana decided to create humans because even though the world was beautiful but it meant nothing if it was empty. But Veliona was totally against it. She said that humans would corrupt the world just like their hearts. She wanted the world all by herself. And the goddess fought and it almost destroyed the world that they dearest the most.

None of them wanted to give up. In the end, they came to an agreement. To create humans together. Eleana gave humans minds so that they could make use of the world's treasure to the fullest. But through mind, Veliona gave us the freedom of choice. So that every choice that we make, it's our own responsibility. Then, Veliona gave us emotions so that we could decide between good and bad. And through emotions, Eleana gave us love. So that we could appreciate the beauty of the world. That's when she got the other name, goddess of love.

But when the creation of humans was completed, the goddess of chaos was not pleased. Since Eleana loved the humans so much, she made them almost perfect and Veliona saw how the humans would take the world away from her. Veliona wanted to destroy them but Eleana won't let the goddess touch her precious creations.

Raged, Veliona took immortality away from humans. And the two goddesses went separated ways. She left humans to Eleana but welcomed anyone to be under her. And since the humans have become mortals, when they died, the goddess of love guided their souls to Veliona. That's when she got the other name, goddess of death.

~ ~ ~

The little boy inside the box flinched when all of sudden, a loud explosion shook the ground. The impact was so strong, it threw the box a few meters away in the air. The boy screamed as he felt himself flying. The box hit the ground and shattered into million pieces, revealing the injured boy inside. And came the sound of the villagers screaming and crying in horror.

Wonwoo held his throbbing head trying to ease the pain a bit. He got up and looked around. The front wall of his house was gone as the view of the village was in the sea of fire. He felt something dripping from his forehead. Wiping it off, he frowned. Blood.

"M-mom?" he called his mother. No answer.

"Dad?" also no answer.

Standing on his shaking legs, he walked out. Wonwoo frowned at the horrifying view of dead bodies scattered everywhere. He's scared. He wanted his mom. As he was trying to find his parents, from the corner of his eyes, he saw a familiar silver bracelet wrapped around a hand. The owner of the hand was under the pile of bricks. Wonwoo lifted the bricks as much as he could, hoping that whoever was under it was not who he thought it was. He stopped as he looked at the face. His father. A pool of blood under his body. Eyes wide opened.

"Dad..." Wonwoo called.

He shook the body. No response. Tears started to roll down his cheeks. He called the latter again. The man stayed motionless. Wonwoo covered his face as he cried as hard as he could. He then heard a wicked laugh of a woman from behind.

He turned around and saw a woman with jet-black hair in a black dress... levitating. A big scythe covered with blood in her right hand. She was looking at someone. It was Wonwoo's neighbor. The man wore a horrified expression as if he was facing death itself. The woman then raised her scythe and swung it so fast and just like that the man split in half.

Wonwoo was stunned as he witnessed the gruesome scene. He figured out that the woman was the cause of all this destruction. He grabbed a rock and threw it toward the lady. To his shock, the rock stopped mid-air as it was a few inches away from her. The woman turned her head as a smile on her face dropped. Wonwoo turned pale as goosebump all over his body.