Chapter 4

Three years later...

        	18 years old Wonwoo finally mastered the magic

18 years old Wonwoo finally mastered the magic. He was almost as strong as Jeonghan, the strongest wizard ever known. His dark magic got stronger and thanks to the bond with Belogia, the white dragon, Wonwoo also managed to perfect his light magic. He could control both attributes perfectly but lost control over other attributes.

It was the curse. To gain something, he needed to sacrifice something else. And Wonwoo sacrificed his control over other attributes so that he could master dark and light magic.

"Wonwoo, you already 18 now. And I have nothing to teach you anymore. Everything I know, I've passed it to you." Jeonghan said.

"You decide your own life now." He continued.

"But I want to be stronger. I need to defeat her." Wonwoo replied.

"Hatred is a poison to one's heart." Jeonghan grabbed the latter's shoulders.

"Never let it consume you."

Jeonghan backed away a bit as he set a distance from Wonwoo. A magic circle appeared around his hand. Wonwoo looked at the man confusedly.

"But before I let you go..."

A fireball appeared in front of Jeonghan's hand as he shot directly at Wonwoo. The boy quickly dodged the attack, shocked. Jeonghan raised his hand in the air as multiple fireballs appeared.

"You need to prove to me that all those years of learning are not wasted." The fireballs headed towards Wonwoo.

Wonwoo managed to dodge the attack but the flame kept coming. He then chanted a spell as a light shield appeared in front of him. The shield deflected all the attacks from Jeonghan.

"Fight me." Jeonghan stated.

He stomped his feet as the ground around him levitated. Jeonghan jumped and kicked the boulder towards Wonwoo. The shield crashed as the rock was too heavy to withstand the impact. The boulder met the ground and crashed. Jeonghan waited for the dust to disappear and Wonwoo was nowhere to be found.

In a split second, Jeonghan saw a shadow moving on the ground heading towards him. From the shadow, Wonwoo came out as he shot black flame. Jeonghan managed to dodge and he instantly shot ice spears back at the latter. Wonwoo created a light shield to deflect the continuous attack.

"8 years! And this is what you can do? A shield?!" the attacks getting stronger and bigger.

Out of a sudden, a sword flew towards Jeonghan from behind. The sword purposely missed as it cut Jeonghan's robe. The wizard turned around and his eyes widened. Thousands of weapons were floating in the air, aimed towards Jeonghan. Wonwoo didn't attack because he was casting all the holy weapons. The weapons rained down on the wizard but he managed to create a wind shield big enough to cover him. Wonwoo created a holy blade in his hand as he marched at the latter. Jeonghan blocked the attack with an ice shield. A spear came towards the man from behind and the wind shield blocked it.

"Impressive." Jeonghan smiled.

"But not enough." Wind surrounded Jeonghan as he strongly pushed everything around him.

Jeonghan flew higher in the air as a fireball and ice spear appeared on both hands. Wonwoo effortlessly flew at the same level as Jeonghan but still at a safe distance.

"I must say I'm impressed. These number of weapons are hard to control."

"Light magic, ring of blades." Wonwoo murmured.

Jeonghan couldn't figure out what incantation Wonwoo said. Suddenly, eight holy blades appeared around Jeonghan. One marched towards the man as he blocked it with a wind shield. One more came from behind as Wonwoo aimed at Jeonghan's arm, leaving a small cut. The latter grunted a bit as blood started to flow from the cut.

"I always told you, Wonwoo. Attack with the intention to kill!" Jeonghan's eyes started to glow up.

"Perfectum regnum; Phoenix."

All the holy blades around Jeonghan started to melt as they caught on fire. Wonwoo could feel the overwhelming heat from where he was. The wizard raised his hand towards the boy as he shot a blast of flame. Wonwoo cast a portal in front of him to absorb the flame but some of it hit him and burnt his right hand.

Jeonghan's eyes stopped glowing when he saw Wonwoo fall as if the latter just lost consciousness. He headed towards Wonwoo, suddenly the boy opened his eyes as he cast a holy arrow and shot Jeonghan's shoulder. A painful grunt was heard from the man as he became the one who fell to the ground. At a speed of light, Wonwoo flew towards Jeonghan and grabbed him as they landed safely.

"You tricky kid." Jeonghan chuckled as he leaned against the tree.

"I learned from the best." Wonwoo smiled.

"Remedium."

Wonwoo's hand started to glow as he healed Jeonghan's wound. After a while, the man was fully healed. The same goes for Wonwoo's burnt hand. The two sat down as they regained their energy.

"Perfect Realm. It's unfair for you to use that incantation. I still didn't master that yet." Wonwoo complained.

"But you still win." Jeonghan said.

"I think I can proudly let you go. But..." Jeonghan stood up.

"You can stay here for a bit until you decide where to go." He offered a hand at Wonwoo. The latter grabbed it as he stood up.

"Wherever you go, you always welcome home."

Suddenly, a white pigeon landed on the rock in front of the two. Jeonghan saw a small scroll attached to its leg and narrowed his eyes. The man grabbed the scroll and found out there was a royalty crest on it. He opened it and saw a message. He read it and his smile vanished. Wonwoo looked at the man.

"What is it?" he asked.

"It's a message from... an old friend." Jeonghan read more and his eyes widened.

"Wonwoo..." he looked at the mentioned boy.

"About letting you go... can I take it back?"

"I need to go to the capital of Wisteria and I am taking you with me."

💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎

chapter 4 ✌🏻

you have no idea how hard it is for me to plan the fight's choreography. it's a lot better in my head than in the writing. there's gonna be a lot more fighting in the future. so I don't know how will I choreograph it 😭

but look at this

*sob uncontrollably* the ears🥺

thank you for reading my story. please vote, comment, and share if you liked it. I appreciate it so much. and don't forget to follow me for more awesome stories. I love you guys 💎💖💗💜💛💚💙🤎🧡💎