Chapter 12

~ 150 years ago... ~

The white dragon was sleeping beside the river. The weather was so nice today as he was sunbathing. While he was enjoying the peaceful day, a shadow crept closer to him without him realizing it. A voice called his name and Belogia opened his right eye. Nothing in sight so he closed his eyes back. After a moment, his name was being called again.

"Myungho..."

Belogia raised his head as he looked around. Nothing but him at the stream. He also didn't sense any presence of living things around him. As he was about to lay back, the head of the black dragon appeared on the ground in front of him. Shocked, Belogia screamed as he jumped and fell into the river.

A chuckle was heard as Umbrogia came out of the ground. He flew around the white dragon. Belogia came out of the water as the laughter continued. He whined as he shook his body to dry up.

"Enough with your childish trick." He said to the black dragon.

"It's fun to tease you."

"How did you do it?" The white dragon asked.

Umbrogia reached out his hand on the ground as his hand dived into his shadow followed by his body. After he was completely inside his shadow, his head poked out.

"Amazing, right? I discovered it this morning."

Suddenly, a strong wind blew towards them. Belogia covered himself with his wing as he felt like his body was about to fly away. Umbrogia came out of his shadow and held the white dragon. The wind stopped and they saw a green dragon land in front of them. She looked at Umbrogia and huffed.

"I wonder why the two of you were even born in the first place. You did nothing at all. We do not need light and dark as attributes." She spoke.

"We don't disturb other dragons. Let us be on our own." The black dragon replied as he hugged Belogia.

"Not only that, you two are small compared to all of us. You cannot even transform into human forms." The gray dragon said as she turned into a woman in a green dress.

"You are 50 years old already. Other dragons already can do so many things." She continued to insult the two.

"Are you here to make fun of us? I think you had enough. You should leave." Myungho said.

The woman's face changed. She raised her hand as a tornado formed in her hand. She smirked as she made the tornado spin around the two dragons. Belogia and Umbrogia hugged each other as they tried not to touch the tornado.

"You cannot even face a tornado this small. Why? Because you are weak." She said.

Belogia gritted his teeth, holding his anger. He had enough of this bullying. Being the stronger one did not give you the permission to discriminate against others. He then shot a laser through his eyes at the hand of the wind dragon. The tornado vanished. The woman clenched her fist in anger.

Suddenly, the trees around them started to move violently. The woman then turned back into a dragon. The black dragon knew what was about to happen. He then hugged Belogia as they dived into his shadow. The wind dragon flapped her wings so hard that multiple tornadoes formed all over the forest.

The wind dragon tried to look after the two dragons but she could not find them. A shadow from behind the trees moved quickly, leaving the place. The shadow got into a cave and the black dragon peeked his head out of the ground. After he was sure that they were safe, the two emerged. He then went outside the cave to check for the second time. Umbrogia went inside again after he was completely sure that they were safe.

"Why do they keep picking on us? Is it because we are the first of our kind?" Belogia complained.

"But what she said is true. We are already 50 years old but we barely can control our power. We really are weak." The black dragon stated.

"Then, let's become stronger so that we can prove them wrong."

~ Present time... ~

Myungho sat on the roof on top of the castle. He watched the sunset in silence as he reminisced about the past. His eyes started to get watery as the face of his loved one appeared in his mind.

"We promised to become stronger together. But you broke it."

"I met so many humans that possessed dark magic. None of them were like Wonwoo."

"He wants to defeat a Goddess. Crazy, right?" he let out a small laugh.

He then stood up as he watched the people in the castle walk around. Everyone looked calm. None of them knew that this was just a calm before the storm.

"But I really hope he can defeat her. I want to know what Eleana will say about it after she decides to create both of us."

As the sun disappeared and the sky became dark, the white dragon did not sense any dark energy around the capital at all. Seems like another peaceful night for Wisteria. He thought.

Wonwoo was having a good time with the prince and there was nothing he could say about it. The boy deserved happiness even though it won't last forever. Almost every night the prince came into Wonwoo's room. Belogia could not meet the latter because of him. Maybe he should let them be. Enjoy it while it lasts, right? From afar, the white dragon could see a big cloud with red thunder slowly approaching the capital. 

💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎

twelve~

a bit short chapter I guess. our white dragon needs some background story too. 

I'm telling you. writing fighting scenes really took a toll on me. after I complete one fight scene, my mind just went blank. as if my brain became dry because I squeezed it so hard. 

anyway look at this

barefaced Wonwoo is just *chef kiss* 🤌🏻

when he smiles, I just want to squeeze his cheeks so bad 🥺

okay that's all for me

thank you for reading my story. please vote, comment, and share if you like it. I appreciate it so much. and don't forget to follow me for more awesome stories. I love you guys 💎💜💛💚💙🤎❤️🧡💗💎