Chapter Two ~Delilah~

~Delilah~

Delilah was about to get ready for her warrior training when she her a knock at her door. "Hey Delilah open up!" It was her brother the Alpha of their pack Derek. Opening the door "What's up Alpha bro?" Derek cringed at the nickname I gave him forever ago. "Don't get ready for training we are leaving at 11 to go to the Rain Dawn pack for lunch." Shocked by this news I responded "WHAT?! Why are you just now telling me an hour and a half before?" I half yelled looking at the clock and running to my closet. "Hahah yeah I forgot sue me! Meet you in the care at 11! Don't be late." He yelled walking out of my room closing the door. 

~In the car~

"So dear brother why are we going to Rain Dawn pack an hour away again?" I asked my brother from the back seat realizing I didn't even get an explanation earlier. "I called Alpha Willow yesterday to discuss forming an alliance with them. With Alpha Willow being the packs first female Alpha, she has led the pack to be one of the strongest in the area. Only smart to have an alliance with a pack like that so close to us." He did have a point, although I couldn't explain the feeling I had when he mentioned their Alpha. It was almost like her name alone put me and my wolf on edge. 

After an hour drive, we finally made it pulling up to an elegant black and white mansion, with guards all around the perimeter in human and wolf form. "Well at least they are prepared for an attack at any time..." I mumbled under my breath. Derek just chuckled at my comment. Right as we parked a blond woman around my age dressed in all black stepped out of the door with a smile on her face.

"Hello! You all must be from the Moonlight pack I'm Beta Sapphire, my Alpha apologizes for her absence training went a little long, but she will meet us out back for lunch. Come along, follow me." She said all of this with a smile still on her face. 

~At the lunch table~

Walking to the back yard they had a table filled with all types of lunch food, wine, and desserts. Okay this pack knew how to host, I'm impressed. What really had my attention though was the open seat at the head of the table with a glass of whiskey sitting in front of it. Waiting for what I assume is the Alpha.

Before the Alpha could make her appearance and before we even had time to settle into our chairs all hell broke loose. At that moment the smell of rouges filled the back yard. 

"ROUGES!" We all yelled at the same time jumping up to check it out. As if they heard us three rouges appeared from the forest line, growling.

Before anyone else could react, I was already shifted heading to battle. What? They don't call me the deadliest warrior for no reason. I could hear people screaming my name to wait for backup, but it was too late. Lunging for the first one snapping its neck in my mouth. The other two were just as easy to take down, they clearly didn't think this through. The moment the last rouge was dead was when I smelt it, the most amazing scent. Lavender, with a hint of chocolate.... my mate, my mate was here.

"Delilah! Are you okay?! You should have waited! Here are some clothes for you to change into." Sapphire said like a worried mom handing me a pile of clothes. What was weird is that they had the same Lavender and chocolate smell on them. 

After shifting and putting the clothes on I walked back to the middle of the yard where everyone was. Sapphire was apologizing over and over to my brother. "It's fine, rouge attacks happen plus Delilah is our best warrior she had it handled." My brother reassured her. Before I could interject that someone cleared their voice on the back porch.

Let me tell you, at that moment, THAT moment right there I wasn't ready for. There in all her glory stood a goddess. The source of the lavender and chocolate, my mate. She had on black leather pants, black boots, and a black tank top. Tattoos covering one arm all the way up the side of her neck. Sapphire spoke first "Alpha this is Alpha Derek, his mate, beta, and sister Delilah. She just took down these three rouges here!" SHES THE ALPHA AND A FEMALE! MY MATE IS A FEMALE AND AN ALPHA OKAT WTH?! At the mention of me taking down the rouges I swear I saw my mate smirk almost in approval. So, she likes that I can defend myself? 

"Hmm well I guess a thank you is in order, why don't you all stay for dinner as a thank you and I'm sorry for all of the trouble." My mate said to my brother yet looking directly at me. "We would be honored Alpha Willow, although like I told Sapphire it really was no trouble at all, my sister here is our best warrior, so it was nothing." Again, with that smirk of hers at my brother's comment.

"Mate likes that we are strong and can protect ourselves." Storm said. "You think that's what it is storm?" "Yes, she's a strong female Alpha the first for her pack so she needs an equally strong mate." I thought about what she said, and maybe she is right. 

"Alpha Derek we can go to my office to discuss the alliance if you would like?" My mate addressed my brother with a smile on her face. Does everyone around here just smile all the time? "Yes, yes let's go that's a good idea." We all followed my mate back into the house and into her office. Once we all walked in, I stood near the back towards the door, honestly zoning out to what they were saying.

"That sounds good right Delilah?" My head snapped up to the sound of my name, realizing my brother asked me a question I for sure didn't catch. Blushing I responded, "I'm sorry what was that?" Everyone in the room chuckled "I offered Alpha Willow your training expertise, show them some pointers, and any room for improvement." While I've done this with other packs part of me feels like the only reason Alpha Willow is entertaining this idea is because we are mates. I highly doubt this pack needs any help, but with all eyes on me I simply respond with, "Sure not a problem." Although my agreement seemed to make both Alpha's happy. "Perfect, Alpha Derek we will sign the papers after dinner" Alpha Willow shook my brother's hand.

Everyone went to exit the office when "Oh, Delilah can you stay for a moment I would like to discuss training and the attack." I should have known I wasn't getting away that easy when those words left her mouth. "Of course, Alpha." Everyone else left the room shooting me glances and Sapphire had a smirk on her face like she knew what was about to happen. 

It was just us two now, her behind the desk me now in a chair in front, just staring at each other, neither uttering a word.