Chapter Three ~Willow~

~Willow~

My mate was a female? My mate was a FEMALE WARRIOR?! What the actual fuck was going on? This whole day has completely gotten out of control. Being late to lunch was already pissing me off and then when I show up MY MATE was finishing off a group of rouges all by herself. At first, I was pissed off that no one helped her but then I realized why. She was a goddess, she fought so elegantly yet viciously at the same time. She didn't need ANY help.

Now we sit staring at each other in my office, my blue eyed, green haired goddess in front of me. And the big bad Alpha that I am, I can't seem to find any words. "Are you okay?" As if my words shocked her, she snapped her head towards me with confusion. "What do you mean?" Rubbing the back of my neck slightly embarrassed now, "I mean you aren't hurt, are you? From the rouges? I can have someone take a look if you need?" The look of realization crossed her face and then she busted out laughing. "Oh, I'm sorry you're serious. No, I'm good, not a hair out of place." God she really will be the perfect Luna, well Luna warrior that is. Something tells me I'll never be able to take this girl away from a fight so might as well not even try.

Clearing my throat, "Well that's good then, sooo I guess we have some things to talk about." Fear flashed in her eyes at my words but as soon as it was there it was gone. "Yeah, you could say that again.... Mate." That word, hearing her say it, acknowledge that we are mates filled me with a happiness I haven't felt in years. Happiness I didn't think was possible to get back. 

Smirking, I stood up and walked around the desk leaning against in front of her. "Hmm what am I going to do with you my little mate." I said smirking making her blush at my words. "Umm I don't know what you mean." God she's adorable, "Well my little mate, how am I supposed to handle my mate being a badass Luna Warrior? It's going to be extremely hard not to worry about you all the time, but I guess I'll manage." I could tell my words shocked her a little bit. Maybe she wasn't expecting me to except her warrior status? "Luna Warrior? Is that even a thing?" My darling mate asked with a concerned look on her face. "Eh my pack, my rules, unless you don't want to be a warrior anymore. Although I don't think that's the case." She chuckled at that remark. "You would be correct, a warrior is who I am and nothing and no one can change that, sorry." 

"I don't believe in changing anyone, especially if it's something that they love to do. I will support you Delilah as the Luna of this pack and as the top warrior. You are my mate, and I will stand with you." As I said the last sentence, I leaned forward putting my hands on either side of the chair blocking her in. Leaning forward bringing my lips to her ear. "How does that sound Delilah? Hmm?" I could here her take in a sharp breath, clearly effected by how close I am. "Umm yeah that sounds nice. Although I'm sure you have better warriors than me, just because I'm the best in my pack doesn't mean I'm THE BEST everywhere."

"Our mate is so cute and modest! She could easily be our best warrior! Well besides us!" "Haha you're right Tate, but she hasn't seen any of us in action yet."

"Hmm maybe there is one person here better thanyou, guess we will just have to see at training tomorrow won't we. Now let's gofind everyone and let them know the news. Well, your people at least Sapphireknew the moment I walked to the backyard." Her eyes widened at that statement. "Issomething wrong Delilah?" She seemed to be struggling with the right words whenshe said, "No. not exactly, it's just you're a girl and I hadn't really thoughtabout a mate until just now, but I wasn't exactly expecting it to be a female.Although it does make a lot of sense now, I just don't want it to be a problem.You know?" Ahh so this is what was going through that pretty little head ofhers. Fear of being rejected. "Well do you have a problem with it? Being matedto a female Alpha that is?" I feared what her answer would be more than Ifeared facing a rouge battle. While I didn't plan to have a mate, I can'timagine losing her right after I found her, because of something to trivial asmy gender.

"No, no I don't, I just don't want anyone else to have a problem with it. Not that I care what other people think I don't, but you're an Alpha, that comes with a lot of expectations. Having a female mate who's a warrior probably isn't one of them." Oh, little did she know. "Honey I live to tear down expectations, I'm the first female Alpha of this pack. Have been for 10 years now. I wasn't expected to last a day yet I've lasted 10 years. Who my mate is, is no one's concern but MINE." 

That seemed to satisfy her because she just nodded her head. I smiled, kissed her forehead, and stood up holding out my hand. "Come on then, we have an announcement to make and dinner to eat. I'm sure your brother is wondering what's taking so long." She blushed and grabbed my hand smiling. "Okay, it's now or never."