5

Augusts pov:

I wish I could see Hollie. Go to appointments with her. Know exactly what's happening and when.

But I can't, and it was my choice. Either way, I'll hopefully see her next month.

"Zay and I are going to the beach. Wanna come?" JJ asks.

"Yeah, let me grab a towel." I say, as the other boys head out the door.
______

The beach is the one place I feel truly calm. The sound of the waves, help wash out all my thoughts, and worries. I love watching all the families, introducing their children to the water. The sand. To all of it.

I hope when our son is a bit older, Hollie and I can introduce him to these things. Even if Hollie and I are just friends, we can still give our son the life he deserves.

It's the thing I'm most worried about. Hollie and I being so far apart, is honestly the one thing I wish we didn't have to try and figure out.

But it's us, and we almost always figure things out.

"You good Aug?" Zayne asks me, coming back from a quick surf.

"Yeah."

"Thinking about Hollie?" JJ asks.

"Sort of. Just thinking of how we are going to give
the kid the life he deserves."

"When do we get to meet her?" Zayne questions, pulling me up.

"Prolly after he's born. When he's a bit older. I want to bring them over here."

"Well, until then, try and focus on other things. You've got plenty of time Aug."

"I got it. I got it." I say, heading to the water with them.

As we walk across the sand, to the salty blue water, I notice a girl, walking alone. Probably no older then me. Her brown hair sits on her shoulders, and her tan skin glistens in the setting sun. Something about her reminds me of Hollie.

"Go talk to her." JJ nudges me closer to her.

"Dude. I cant,"

"You aren't taken Aug. You can do whatever the hell you want." Zayne pushes me even closer. Before I know it, I'm standing right next to her.

"Hello?" She questions, a small smile on her face.

"Uh- Hi. Sorry my friends," I start.

"No worries. I'm not mad about it." She smiles even more.

I can't help but smile too.

"Wait, I recognize you. You're August Dieon right? You played with the Boston Blackhawks there for a minute?" She questions.

"Yeah. Yeah that's me." I nervously laugh.

"I knew I recognized you from somewhere. I'm Selia, by the way. But you can call me Lia." She tells me.

"It's great to meet you." I say.

"It's great to meet you too. You seem pretty cool. I think we should get together sometime." She claims.

"Yeah I think we should too. Here let me
give you my number." I say.

She hands me her phone, and I type in my number.

I feel like something about this is wrong.

But Zayne was right. I'm not taken. I can do whatever the hell I want.