22

Augusts pov:

It's the same thing i've done for the last three months. Wake up, and go to baseball. And I fucking love it. Today in particular is one of the days i especially love.

Our season is rapidly coming to an end. It's our last home game of the season. Our last time play on our turf. After this, we travel for the next three weeks, until we are officially done for the 2022 season.

As I drive to the field, really thinking about this fact. I've almost been through an entire season with the Rush. To say it's been incredible, is an understatement. Of course, it was rough at first, not knowing anyone. But as soon as I met Zay and JJ, I knew it would be a good season.

I get to the stadium, surprisingly fast. I park, and head to the locker room. All of my buddies are there, talking about our upcoming game.

"Are we ready to fucking win this game?!" Foster shouts. It follows with all of us screaming our versions of yeah.

We all run out onto the field, getting ready to warm up for the game. People slowly flood their way into the stadium, taking their seats. A sea of a million different colors.

I look into the stands. I like imagining my friends being here. Jayce and Ellie. Tapper and Wilder. Hollie, with West. They live thousands of miles away, so it's only my pure imagination that breaks my heart. It still doesn't hurt to wish that they could be here.