Purgatory

A/N: This chapter is going to be two two seperate POVs. KELLY and then SADIE. If it gets too confusing let me know. Thanks :)

______

KELLY

Kelly walked into Firehouse 51, seeing no one on the apparatus floor he made his way inside. Instead of the smell of breakfast and the sound of bad tv, there was nothing.

"Hello?....Anyone here?"

He put his bag down and made his way to Chief Bodens office, it was empty. Checking the bunk room, it was empty as well.

"Ok everyone, very funny. Stop hiding. You can come out now!"

"They're not here Kelly."

Standing in the door of his quarters was someone he hadn't seen in years.

"Dad."

"Hello Son"

_______

SADIE

"Thank god. Sadie!"

Stella came into the room grabbing the younger woman in a tight hug.

"You scared the shit out of us."

"I'm sorry Stell, I just needed some air."

"I am so sorry if she caused any trouble"

She turned apologizing to Dr Charles.

"Oh no, not at all. She and I had a nice chat, I think she's feeling a bit better now."

He flashed his comforting smile. Reaching into his pocket he produced a business card.

"Here Sadie, if you need anything, or anyone to talk to give me a call anytime ok? I also can make appointments, which I do recommend. You know? To help you sort through things."

"Thanks Dr Charles, I think I might do that."

She smiled as he turned to leave the room.

"Why did you run?"

"Stella....the last time I was in a hospital room...my mom died. I got overwhelmed with this whole situation...I panicked."

"I'm just glad you're ok."

They both looked over to Kelly

"So what now?"

Sadie asked

"We wait."

______

KELLY

"What are you doing here Dad?"

"We need to talk son, we left some things...unfinished."

"Yeah, I'd say you did. Were you ever going to tell me about Sadie?"

"Look, her mother and I were never on good terms after she was born."

"Just another excuse, there was no reason to keep her from me!"

Benny sighed

"You're right Kelly, I did many things in my life I regret. But some things just have a way of working out don't they?"

"They do but-"

"I was trying to get my life together. I was looking to reconnect with Sadie, try to make things right. But I didn't do it soon enough."

____

1 WEEK LATER

_____

SADIE