Planned

As the patrol car disappeared from sight Sadie turned to Kelly, looking up to meet his eyes.

“Does this mean I can come home now?”

“Yes, yes it does.”

He smiled and pulled her in for a hug.

As everyone made their way back inside Ryan and Mr. Yost walked up to Kelly, who still had his arm around Sadie’s shoulders.

“Mr. Severide”

“Mr. Yost, thank you so much for your help.”

Kelly thanked him, shaking the man's hand.

“No problem at all, it actually went better than planned huh?”

“Yes, thankfully.”

“Wait…”

Sadie cut in

“Planned? You knew this was going to happen!?”

Kelly nervously chuckled

“Yeah…..”

“Trudy too?!”

“Who do you think called Carver to snitch?”

“And you didn’t tell me?!”

Sadie swatted at Kelly, making contact with his arm.

“I’m sorry!”

He chuckled, ducking away from his small sister.

“But we all know you can't keep a secret to save your life!”

Mr. Yost went on to let them know that their case file is going to be fixed, and Ryan is actually going to be their new case worker. 

Later that evening Kelly walked into the common room seeing Sadie asleep with her head in Mouche's lap as he watched some random horror movie. 

"You want me to get her?"

Kelly whispered, gesturing to his sleeping sister. Mouch nodded, whispering

"Nah she's ok…you've been doing a great job with her Kelly."

"Thanks Mouch"

"I know I don't say this a lot, but I'm proud of you, and how you've stepped up to take care of her." 

"Well I've had help from a lot of great people."

Kelly smiled, clapping a hand on Mouch's shoulder as he got up to walk away. 

"Hey Kelly?"

"Yeah?"

"On second thought, can you get her? My leg is asleep."

Kelly quietly chuckled as he walked over and scoop his baby sister up in his arms. 

He made his way into the bunkroom and gently laid her down in what has become her bunk. 

After taking her shoes off he pulled the blanket up around her, placing a kiss on her forehead. 

"I love you Sades."

He whispered before standing and walking towards his quarters, but not before hearing Sadie's quiet voice. 

"I love you too Kell."