• Chapter Eleven - F*cking Boys

"Are you ready?" General Organa asked from beside me.

I merely shrugged while replying, "As ready as I'll ever be."

Many things have transpired in the past hour. Due to our warning of the First Order arriving, we had to call for an immediate evacuation of the Resistance Base. General Organa had to quickly get the fleet ready while I had to load everyone in the MedBay, including Finn, onto the ship. Of course, Poe was ready to go in a matter of five seconds. Before he took off, he came and gave me a tight hug, which I was thankful for.

"Be careful out there, Dameron."

"Always am. Good luck out there, Doc. I'll be listening for you."

Our departure made me blush just thinking about it. I rested my hands against the main console of the Command Deck. I couldn't help, but gulp nervously as I watched the First Order fleet slowly come towards our ship. The Dreadnaught was more massive that I imagined. The two Stardestroyers that were riding on both sides of it definitely weren't helping our case either. My first assignment as General Organa's mission came sooner than expected, and I didn't feel prepared at all. Then again, is there any way to be fully prepared for a surprise attack from the First Order?

General Organa nodded her head towards me, and I cleared my throat and began to announce, "Alright, everyone in positions! Poe is nearly there. Red Squadron, Blue Squadron, do you copy?"

"Copy, General Naberrie. Ready and in position," Both Squardons confirmed.

It felt very strange being referred to as General instead of Doctor, but honestly, I really enjoyed it. However, I really need to stay focused. Then, I asked, "Bombers, do you copy?"

"Copy, General Naberrie. Ready and in position," Bomber Paige Tico confirmed.

I let out a shaky sigh before finally asking, "Poe, how are you doing?"

"I'm doing good, General," I heard him reply, and I could tell by his tone that he was grinning like an idiot, "I gotta say, I really like hearing your voice on here."

As I bit my lip to hide the grin on my face, General Organa spoke up with a light smile on her face, "Now is not the time for flirting with your leading officers, Commander."

"Wouldn't dream of it, General."

General Organa just sighed before turning towards me and joking, "I don't know how you put up with him."

I couldn't help, but laugh, thinking about how I had said that to her about Han Solo a few days prior. However, the thought of Han made me sad so I tried to wipe the memory out of my mind. My hand clenched the console tightly as I heard BB-8 ask Poe, Are you sure this is a good idea?

"Happy to be here, buddy. Come on! We've pulled worse stunts than this," Poe pointed out, acting as if him in a little X-Wing in front of a Dreadnaught and two Stardestroyers wasn't a big deal

Then, General Organa couldn't help, but smile as she said to Poe, "For the record, Commander Dameron, I'm with the droid on this one."

Poe sighed before replying back sarcastically, "Thank you for your support, General."

I bit my lip to suppress the laugh that wanted to come out as Poe began to connect with the First Order Stardestroyer. I immediately became nervous as we all heard Poe begin, "Attention, this is Commander Poe Dameron of the Republic Fleet. I have an urgent message for General Hux."

As I started to lean closer to the console, we heard General Hux's snarl boom through the room, "This is General Hux of the First Order. The Republic is no more! Your fleet are rebel scum and war criminals. Tell your precious princess there will be no terms, there will be no surrender!"