• Chapter One - The Map to Luke Skywalker

Poe was right about one thing. The two of us sitting in that X-Wing was a very tight fit. Poe kept joking about it the entire time, and if he wasn't piloting, he definitely would've noticed the blush forming on my face. As much as I hated to admit it, he always found a way to make me blush.

When we got to Jakku, I climbed out of the X-Wing as fast as I could. I needed to get out and stretch my legs because of how crammed they were. I don't know how Poe can sit in that thing for hours at a time. He hopped out of his X-Wing and when his feet landed on the ground, he brushed off his jacket and walked over to me.

"Well Doc, was riding in my X-Wing what you've always dreamed of?" He asked me.

"You wish. Maybe you should add in another seat. I'm pretty sure my toes are stuck together." I said as I bent down to stretch my legs.

"You know you loved being up next to me, Doc." He smirked. I rolled my eyes and looked up at his ship.

"C'mon buddy!" I shouted up at BB-8, who was Poe's droid.

BB-8 was lowered down out of the ship, and he rolled over to us quickly. My hands made their way up to my belt to make sure that my blaster was tightly secured. As Poe led us into the village, my stomach began to turn. My heart increased as the villagers began to stare at us. I didn't want to mess this mission up. What if the general was wrong about me? Poe seemed to sense my worry so he reached over and placed his hand on my shoulder. I smiled up at him before continuing to walk.

"Excuse me." Poe said to one of the villagers, "We're looking for a man who lives in this village. His name is Lor San Tekka."

The villager seemed to know who we were talking about, and he led us over to one of the sand huts. Once we arrived at one near the back of the village, the villager went inside to get the explorer, Lor San Tekka.

"You should do the talking." Poe said to me.

"I should?" I asked him nervously.

"Let's see if the general was right about you." He said with a small smile.

"No pressure or anything." I muttered underneath my breath.

The villager walked back out from the hut and said, "He's inside."

We nodded our heads and Poe said, "BB-8, stay out here on watch."

The droid beeped at us before rolling away slightly. Poe reached over and held the curtain open for me. When we walked inside, the room was dimly lit with a few lanterns. There was a elderly man sitting in a chair, and he wore dark robes. Inside his hut were many random objects that I'm guessing he had found in the past. He looked up at us and gave us a light smile.

"I knew she would send you eventually." Lor San Tekka said to us. Poe and I looked at each other before I cleared my throat.

"We're from the Resistance. My name is Elyse Naberrie and this is Poe Dameron. General Organa sent us here to retrieve a key to finding Luke Skywalker. The general has been looking for clues to finding him for a while now. This may be our last option on bringing down the First Order. We're desperate for anything you can tell us." I informed him and he seemed to know what I was talking about.

"Come sit down." He gestured to us.

Poe and I made our way over to one of the seats next to him and sat down. I sat closer to Lor San Tekka and Poe sat down to my right. The older man reached behind his chair and got into a wooden chest he had. He dug around inside of it until he pulled out a small, leather pouch. He placed the pouch in my hand, and closed my fingers around the pouch gently.

"This will begin to make things right. I've traveled too far and seen too much to ignore the despair in the galaxy. Without the Jedi, there can be no balance in the force." He said to me with a sad smile.