• Chapter Twelve - She's Kinda Hot Though

After helping Finn change and catching him up on everything since his injury, the two of us went to the Command Deck together so he could check in with General Organa. Finn knew that I was furious with Poe, which was why he seemed very nervous around me. It was honestly starting to make me angry with him too.

"What are you staring at?!" I finally snapped at Finn, who was eyeing me with an anxious expression.

His eyes widened as he began to stammer, "N-Nothing. I-I'm just wondering what's going to happen when Poe gets in here."

When I heard the doors to the Command Deck open, I let out a sigh and muttered, "You're about to find out."

As I heard loud footsteps walk into the Command Deck, I huffed angrily began to storm over to Poe, who was still wearing his orange pilot suit. His hair was a mess, and he still had dirt on his face from his helmet he never cleans. When he saw me storming over to him, he let out a small sigh as he stopped and watched me rush over to him.

"Look, Doc-"

My hand slapping him across the face caused him to stop his words. He seemed very startled, just like General Organa, Finn, and all the others in the room. It didn't bother me that everyone was staring at us though. It didn't change the fact that Poe disobeyed my orders and almost got himself killed again.

He brought his hand up to his cheek and rubbed it lightly, "Damn, Doc. Not going to lie, that was kind of hot."

Even though I could feel my cheeks burning, I scoffed before exclaiming angrily, "You are such an idiot! Why would you not listen to me?!"

"Doc, we took out a Dreadnaught!" Poe argued back, completely missing the point I was trying to make.

"I'm about to take you out, Poe Dameron!" I hissed as I took a step towards him.

Finn ran over and grabbed my arm really quick as General Organa placed her hand on my shoulder gently in understanding. Then, she turned to Poe and immediately began to scold him, "Yes, you took out a Dreadnaught. But at what cost?"

"You start an attack, and you follow it through," Poe replied.

"Poe, get your head out of your cockpit!" General Organa quipped at him, causing Poe to let out an annoyed sigh, "There are things that you cannot solve by jumping in an X-Wing and blowing something up! I need you to learn that."

My arms crossed around my frame as General Organa turned to come back over to the console. However, Poe grabbed her arm and said quietly, "There were heroes on that mission."

"Dead heroes. No leaders."

Poe let out a small sigh as General Organa turned away from him. Part of me immediately began to feel bad, hating seeing Poe upset because he let the General down. However, I remembered that he also let me down, which made me extremely mad at him. When he turned to look at me, I quickly turned away and walked over to stand at the console with the General. Poe and Finn both came over to join the rest of us.

"So, we're really nowhere, huh?" Finn asked me, causing me to nod my head in response. That made his eyes widened before asking, "So how is Rey going to find us now?"

My gaze trailed over to General Organa, who was already pulling up her sleeve. Finn couldn't help, but smile lightly at the device around her wrist, "A cloaked binary beacon."

"To light her way home," General Organa nodded in response.

"So until Rey gets back, what's the plan?" Finn asked.

"We find a new location for a base. We can't keep traveling like this for forever," I replied before turning back to the console.

"One strong enough to send a distress signal to our allies scatter across the Outer Rim," Commander Larma D'Acy added from the opposite end of the console.