Pilot

The name of the island they found him on was Lian Yu mandarin for purgatory. He was stranded there for five years. I've dreamt of his rescue every lonely, painful night since then. For five years I've had only one thought, one goal, hide. Hide and one day return home. The island held many dangers, to survive; he had to make himself more than what he was. We forged him into a weapon, he is returning not the boy who was shipwrecked but the man who will bring justice to those who have poisoned my city. His name is Oliver Queen.

"What's going on?" I asked Jake.

"It's quiet. Go home." Jake directed me.

"Jake be serious." I grumbled.

"Ok well seriously there's no reason for you to be out here right now, so seriously go home." Jake instructed.

"What's your problem?" I grilled him.

"Oh nothing, it's just that you're avoiding your problems." Jake pointed out.

"Oh yeah and what problem am I avoiding"." I scoffed.

"The fact that your fathers coming home, and you're scared of him rejecting you again." Jake commented.

"I'm not scared, and I don't care what he thinks of me." I say offended.

"We both know you're lying." Jake retorts.

"I'm not fucking lying." I challenged.

"Y/N the only reason you're out there instead of in here waiting or even better not even waiting for something to happen is because you're avoiding. Your avoiding me and going home so you don't have to admit it to yourself that your father is here and tomorrow you have to face him as the person you have become."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I roared.

"You're scared of your dad finding out what you have become while he is gone." Jake elaborated.

"I'm not ashamed of who I've become and you're an ass to even insinuate that. You know better than anyone why I have to hide it." I stated.

"I know why you can't tell him you jump off buildings and kill people with arrows and how you learned to do that, but you can tell him about the other things that happened in your life. I know your not ashamed of your job or how you spend you nights but your ashamed of the woman you have become. Your ashamed of Y/N Queen, you have spent your whole life taking care of Y/N Smith and the "Midnight Murderer" you don't even want to admit to yourself you don't like who YOU have become." Jake informed me.

"Your an ass . . . Just check the scanner again." I changed the subject.

"You know I'm right."

The truth is I really didn't know if Jake was right, but I knew I wasn't looking forward to my fathers return. He was however right about the reason why I was out scouring the city, I was avoiding Jake and my home. Jake knows me better than anyone. I met Jake through Malcolm after I lost my father, we were planed to be married. We never connected in that way, and part of that reason is because Jake isn't into women in that way. We did however become best friends and have spent the past 5 years getting closer. I am avoiding going home because of all the bad memories.

"Jake." I redirected.

"You know I am but if you must know there is a drug shipment going through Martin Somers port, Its China Whites crew." Jake informed me.

"Alright I'm on my way."

"Y/N just leave it. It's not worth it."

"Jake you know better."

I leaped off the unbelievably tall building allowing my body to feel this overwhelming calm. The force of my body slicing through the undisturbed soft air caused a whipping wind. The thought that my life was in the hands of a single arrow in the concrete of the tall building was slightly calming. I was now gaining speed towards the ground, I knew I had to bring myself to a halt to refrain from slamming into the street below. I stretched my left arm out gripping a bow tightly, I then curled my right hand behind me grasping for a special arrow. I knocked my arrow to my bow and curled my fingers around the string, I pulled until reaching the peak. I felt the wind across my face, the bustling city went silent, the whole world came to a halt, at that moment I let go. The arrow sailed over to the building and stuck, the silence was broken and the world began revolving again.