Merlyn Global

I speed my way through the stand still of cars effortlessly making my way into town. When I finally reached Merlyn Global, I pulled up to the valet and threw myself off my bike leaving it for the valet to catch. I made the minor walk to my private entrance, and as soon as I stepped into the lobby I had a bogey on my 6'.

"Mrs. Smith, here's your iced mocha latte with sweet cream cold foam. Also Mr. Merlyn would like to see you in his office first thing." My assistant Alice informed me.

"Thanks, Alice." I responded.

We walked straight to the private elevator and rode it to the top floor. When the elevator creaked to a stop and released us I headed straight for my office.

"Mrs. Queen, Mr. Merlyn wanted to see you before you got to work." Alice reminded me.

"I know Alice." I answered, continuing to my office.

When I threw the door open I saw my office was undisturbed. I set my things down on my desk and grabbed my watering pail to water my neglected greenery. I turned on the grow lamps along with my humidifier, and oil diffuser. Once my simple tasks were completed I walked out of my office acquiring my boge again nipping at my heels no doubt to make me move quicker.

I swiftly entered Malcolm's office to find the back of Malcolm's chair facing me. Alice stops at the doors and tugs them shut. I can hear the soft mumblings of Malcolm talking on the phone. I headed to sit across from Malcolm's chair, the patter of my stiletto red bottoms echoed. The mumblings became quicker until they reached a sudden stop, and the chair twisted to face me. A relieving smile spread widely across Malcolm's face.

"Hello sweetheart, how's the head, and nose?" Malcolm asked sincerely.

"Hey Gramps, I'm fine thanks for checking up on me." I said with a smile.

"Good, I'm guessing you're not angry?" he hesitated standing and facing away from me.

"No, I'm not angry, just annoyed." I answered him.

He turned and raised his eyebrow in an attempt to gesture "really and whys that."

"Because we made a deal that only I would be hurt."

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

"They tased Oliver." I announced.

"I'll handle it." Malcolm assured me. "So what did the doctor say?"

"Nothing, I didn't go." I explained.

"Y/n." Malcolm groaned. 

"I'm fine. Just a broken nose, and a concussion." I reassured him.

"You should have stayed home."

"Yeah, yeah, so what'd  you want?" I shrugged.

"Moira said your father didn't know anything, do you know any different?" Malcolm asked.

"Not at the moment." I relayed.

"If Robert did tell him anything, we need to know." Malcolm stressed.

"I know." I answered while exiting his office.

I strolled over to my office and upon entry I could tell that my greenery had already perked up. My head was pounding though I would never admit it. I logged on to my computer and opened my files to begin filling them out. I worked on the budgeting and scheduling to make sure everything was running smoothly.

Suddenly there was a rapid tap on my office door, I looked up to find Malcolm walking into my office. As he was walking towards my desk I glanced to the top right hand corner of my computer to find that the time was now 11:30, time for lunch.