Rising Action

"Hey, Y/N wake up." Oliver says unsure while gently shaking me.

"Ehmm . . . Stop. What time is it?" I groaned rolling over.

"Uh, 7:28, why?" Oliver asks, confused.

"Fuck. I'm late, god damit." I groan while getting out of bed and rushing past my father.

As I was running around my disorganized room looking for all my things, I saw Tommy standing at the door way amused at my discombobulation. Seeing Tommy reminded me why I didn't want to be late, Malcolm, he was sure to be angry at my tardiness. He usually was, but when I lunged for my phone I saw there were zero messages or missed calls from him.

"Tommy . . . What did you do?" I quizzed him while turning and walking to him.

"What? I didn't do anything." Tommy chuckled back.

"Don't lie to me, I know you did something. I'm 30 minutes late and he hasn't called me once." I retorted.

"Okay, okay, fine, I might have convinced him to let me bring you into work later today." Tommy admitted.

"No Tommy, I have a shit ton of work." I sighed.

"Hey it'll be fun. Spend some time with me and your dad. You can do your work tomorrow." Tommy pleads

"Fine" I say gesturing for Tommy and Oliver to leave so I can change.

I turned around to start getting ready for the long day ahead of me, when all the sudden I saw my fathers face drop. I realized I was only wearing a sports bra and a pair of boxers, my fathers shirt that I had ripped off after returning from cleaning the carpet in his room. Oliver had seen the open wound on my stomach, I quickly yanked the shirt off the floor and held it over my stomach.

"Alright well let me get dressed." I said while shoving my father and Tommy out, and slaming the door.

I cleaned myself up in the bathroom, then tried to find an outfit to wear on this little adventure. Most of my clothes are either business attire, gym clothes, or revealing clothing. I decided to mix up my clothing categories. I put on a black crop top with a one shoulder long sleeve that covered my gash, and black short tight skirt with white skinny horizontal and vertical stripes. Then for the most important part shoes and accessories, I put on my black stiletto red bottoms and diamond earrings, rings, and a pearl necklace. I walked out of my room to see Tommy standing there alone, my father was gone.

"Where's my dad?" I ask Tommy.

"He went to give something to Thea, come on let's go get him." Tommy says, taking off towards Theas wing.

Once we reached Thea's wing of the house Tommy walked into Thea's room to recover Oliver while I hung back. I heard them talking until I saw Oliver come out the door with Tommy trailing behind.

"Have you noticed how hot your sister got . . . Because I have not." Tommy says with Oliver giving him a disapproving look.

While walking down to Tommy's car I could feel Oliver's eyes all over me no doubt trying to find my gash and decide how it got there. Once we got to the car Tommy opened the door to let me climb in, there were only two seats and three of us even though with my heels I was the biggest person in that car I had to sit in the middle. Oliver was the last one in the car and when he got in and saw me sitting on the console of the car with no seat or seat belt he gave a puzzled look.

"Why don't we take a different car so that we all have a seat?" Oliver states.

"Why don't you get in the car and stop being a pussy?" I shot back Tommy and I chuckleing.

Oliver, stunned, got in the car, on the way into town Oliver and Tommy talked. I justed tuned it out only replying to things that involved me. Once we got to town we made our way towards the glades and they started talking about something that intrigued me.

"Your funeral blew." Tommy was talking.

"You get lucky?" Oliver chimed in.

"Fish in a barrel. They were so sad and huggy, and I'm counting on another target rich environment for your welcome home bash!" Tommy explains.

"Wait my what?"

"You came back from the dead, this calls for a party. You tell me where and when I'll take care of everything . . . This citys gone to crap, your dad sold his factory just in time. Why'd you want to drive through this neighborhood anyways?"

"No reason." Olive said suspiciously.

"So what'd you miss the most, steaks at the palm, drinks at the station, meaningless sex?"

"Laurel."

"Man everyones happy your back, and you want to see the one person who isn't."

"Yea that's not gonna go well." I chime in.  

They both gave me a little look, I was only speaking the truth and lord knows they both could use some of that. We drove over to CNRI where Laurel works, Oliver went inside while me and Tommy sat outside waiting for him. Oliver and Laurel went for a walk and eventually they came back into view and they turned towards each other and were now talking face to face. When the conversation came to an end I could see on both of their faces it had taken a bad turn, Laurel said something then stormed off in our direction.

"How'd you think that was gonna go Tommy?" Laurel asks angrily.

"Bout like that." Tommy replies.

Then Laurel stopped dead in her tracks, she looked at me with hurt and a hint of love in her eyes. She looked me up and down before continuing inside the building.