Guests

There it was again. I knew I was asleep, I knew I was dreaming, but I couldn't stop it. The sabel smooth waters had already burned into my brain. It was an unusually bright night, the reflection of the moon on the water lit the darkness. The symbol for my relentless nights slowly faded into my delusions. The picture was now in focus and the dream flickered to life.

I was slowly flying above the water, the sight was quite relaxing pulling me deeper into sleep. It was deceiving, once you were relaxed the pace picked up. The water was racing past in a blur, then a light sprinkle hit my face. Suddenly I'm in the middle of a raging storm, the lightning and thunder consumed me. Then through the blur of the rain, a light came into view. As the light became brighter a dark outline of an ill-fated yacht came into sight. A sudden strike of lightning followed by a massive clap of thunder lifted the darkness long enough for me to make out the words displayed on the back of the yacht. The terms read "The Queen's Gambit" and flashed away as fast as they came. Another strike of lightning and clap of thunder brought the light and in the light, the yacht had cracked into two. The yacht was now rapidly deploying into the dark despair of the ocean. Out of the wreckage, the occupancy of the vesicle clawed their way to a life raft.

Usually, this is where the horror would come to a screaming halt, and what I mean by that is it normally resulted in me jolting out of sleep while screaming. That was not the case, every once in a while, the film keeps playing. The speed picked up and we stayed hovering this time over the life raft that was responsible for the lives of three passengers. The days and nights came and went faster and faster until there was land in the distance. Once the raft reaches land the view switches making it seem almost like I was there with those passengers, always trailing behind them. The sun was starting to fall out of the sky rapidly, and as the darkness set the wildlife began to scurry. The passengers forged their way through the foliage until nightfall. Once they came upon a clearing they started setting up camp, I couldn't move into the clearing with them it was like there was a barrier forcing me to stay in the woods. There was a seemingly older man with a white tuft of hair, and a younger girl who looked like she was in her late teens with mid-length pin-straight blonde hair. Then the one I knew for sure, Oliver Queen, even though I couldn't see his face I knew that was my father.

The night trickled on the wind would pick up and dye down the wind suddenly picked up and the hairs on the back of my neck and stood straight up. Then I took a step forward and the barrier was suddenly broken. I timidly made my way up to the camp that housed my father, with each step the night became wearier. Once I reached the camp the night went black, there was a rustling all around me like the camp owners were packing up and leaving. I stumbled around trying to find something, anything. Then everything went silent, everything was still and in those woods, you could hear a pin drop. Then a blinding light flashed lighting the sable woods, my eyes dilated bringing an image of a man hanging from a tree. As the picture became clearer the man could be identified as Oliver Queen.

I couldn't focus on my father hanging from the tree. At this point it seemed less important. There were two corpses lying beneath my father. Once I could see their faces I could tell that they were reminiscent of my grandfather and my father's girlfriend's sister. Seeing the lifeless bodies of people I once knew sent a shockwave through my body. I could feel my stomach turning forcing me to look away in hopes to keep my dinner inside my body. When I looked back the bodies were gone, my eyes found their way up to my father. The sight of my father sent a surging shockwave through my body. He was completely lifeless, his neck housed a strand of seaweed and his face was a blue tint. My father began to speak in a voice not his own.

"I miss you princess. . . I wish you could come with me. . . As a matter of fact I'm going to take you with me." The voice coming out of my father said getting rougher and deeper with each sentence. My father reached out while saying the last words trying to grasp my body and take it along with his. At this point I shot up in my bed screaming an ear piercing screech.