начало

"Where the hell are you!" Moria bellowed into the phone.

After about 3 minutes that felt like eternity had gone by the deafening sounds making their way into my ear fizzled out. "I'm speeding my way to the house now." I state.

"Where the hell were you and what the hell were you doing your father just got home and you weren't even here. . . whatever we are having family dinner in the dining room so just be careful, it's going to be your father, Walter, thea, Tommy and I." Moira slams.

"Love you too grandma you won't be seeing me." I say while swiftly hanging up.

I've never had a real family dinner, at a real table, with a real meal and real family. I've never even been to a family dinner, I always eat dinner alone in my room. When I was a child I would sit at my little pony play table and eat my dinner out of plastic containers that the cooks brought up to me. While I ate alone in my room my grandfather, grandmother, dad, and aunt had their dinner on expensive china in a luxurious dining room. When my father "died" there were no more family dinners, well at least until Walter came around.

I couldn't help myself against the curiosity that had a chokehold on me. When I finally arrived home I forced myself to sneak into my room only, and stay there until morning. I lasted about 5 minutes until I was out of my room creeping my way to watch this so called family dinner. I don't see how they could call it a family dinner when one crucial part of the family was missing.

" - oh and lost they were all dead, I think." I heard Tommy speaking while I was getting into place.

"What was it like there?" Thea asks out of nowhere, everyone fell silent and all eyes were on Oliver, and you could cut the tension with a knife. After all, if I know my father and I do, He hasn't said one word about the island and no one was prepared to ask him before now, because after all he was different.

" . . . Cold." Oliver replied blankly, not the answer I would have guessed though.

"Tomorrow you and me were doing the city, you've got a lot to catch up on." Tommy suggested seeking the approval of everyone at the table.

"I think that's a great idea." Moira chimes in.

"Good, then I was hoping to swing by the office." Oliver states.

"Well there's plenty of time for all that, Queen Consolidated isn't going anywhere." Walter says surprised.

Then out of nowhere Raisa tripped while bringing a bowl of fruit to the table and almost fell over Oliver. Without breaking eye contact with Walter and Moira he catches the bowl in his hand and Raisa from falling over. To which she says sorry, but his reply is what shocked everyone that night. He simply replies "It's no worry" in russian.

"Dude, you speak russian?" Tommy asks, more amazed than anything.

"I didn't realize you took Russian in college Oliver" Walter says.

"I didn't realize you wanted to sleep with my mother, Walter." Oliver says slyly, then there was that tension again, broken by Thea.

"I didn't say anything." Thea says sitting back in her chair.

"She didn't have too." Oliver says disappointed.

"Oliver, Walter and I are married, and I don't want you to think that either one of us did anything to disrespect your father." Moira claims.

"We both believed that Robert, like you, was gone." Walter apologized.

"It's fine. . . May I be excused?" Oliver says while standing.

"Hey, don't forget about tomorrow buddy." Tommy this time cutting the tension.

My father stood up and headed towards our wing of the house.