six

"When did we start wearing condoms?" She tossed the unopened rubber on my lap and proceeded to take her bra off under her shirt as if I didn't make a very important request. "God, I couldn't wait to leave that boring ass dinner."

In the middle of her trying to whip out my male parts, I was quickly unwrapping the condom. The sound made her freeze her action and stare up at me. "I don't want to make a mess in my mom's car."

Teshia rolled her eyes and snatched the condom from my hand to throw it on the ground. It was the only one I brought. "When have I ever failed to swallow, Kit? What on earth has gotten into you?" I opened my mouth to explain but she was frantically spitting out her feelings before I could get a word across. "You're making me feel bad about myself! Like ew! You don't want my lips touching you!"

"What if it's not you?"

"Then who, Christopher?!"

"Me! I- I fucked up!" That was all it took for her to put her bra back on and slouch in her seat. "I cheated like a bitch, okay. I don't want you to catch anything because... the girl was fucking gross." I waited patiently for a response but instead I got a girlfriend who stared straight ahead I know her thoughts were anything but holy. "I'm apologizing... in a way. I've never cheated on someone before so I don't know how to gather those words."

In a split second, she threw her head in her hands and let out a muffled scream. I slowly pulled my pants back up because I knew this moment was over. "Maybe because you don't just tell someone you cheated on them out on a whim! You plan that shit first!" She then grasped a fist full of her hair and slowly released it. "I'm not upset, Kit."

"You aren't..." I grumbled.

"No. I'm not. I'm beyond glad you told me this. It's just another couple thing for us to do together." She put her seatbelt on with a smile on her face. This is how I knew she was crazy. "We're going to get tested together. It's two o'clock. The clinic should be open."

I was in no rush to get tested with Teshia just so she could see my results and demolish me with her bare hands. She did all kinds of crazy kick boxing and Japanese fighting shit all her life. It was insane of me to trap myself in a car with her and confess my wrongdoings. I'd rather that then pass on the disease that whatever that girls name is has passed on with no shame.

"Okay? Okay! Let's... do it. Right now. A couple sharing retreat whatever." I backed the car out of the driveway just seconds before I see my mom frantically screaming my name while leaving the house. "Holy shit!"

"You two are repulsive! In my driveway?! Really?!" I looked up at the camera that I completely forgot all about. Teshia was so humiliated she jumped in the backseat. "You two leave now! Don't come back until I die!"

"Smothered barbecue chicken legs. Black eye peas. Chocolate cake for dessert!" She breathed into my ear while reading off the menu for this weekend. Even though food sounded good right about now, that kind of food doesn't.

"My mom wants to have her own Juneteenth celebration in honor of the new neighbors that moved in. She wants to show them her skills." Teshia groaned while moving away from me. "Juneteenth is all week you know? I read this website. Sunday is the last day so what is wrong if we have a gathering everyday before then."

She clicked her phone off and looked at the woman typing away on a computer at the check in desk. "We'll get fat and end up back here but instead of getting our reproductive organs swabbed, they'll be pumping cholesterol out of our anus'."

"My mom is vegan. She's not going to make anything like that."

"Is that why you get nauseated when eating a piece of ham? You grew up on grass. I had no idea. Why didn't you tell me? I can make vegan dishes. I went vegan for the last two years of high school. Made it on the wrestling team my junior year. Had to maintain the weight."

The moment she said "grass" I kind of stopped listening. I didn't practice the vegan lifestyle. Only my mom and the twins. I actually ate meat and stuff like that. The difference between Teshia's meat and my meat was that mine wasn't processed. It was organic.

"Good. Then you'll love my moms Juneteenth gathering. She set it for Friday."

"Christopher Richardson!" I jumped up from my seat in a rush to leave this boring conversation behind. "Follow me to the back." I did as told and followed her right on to the nearest exam room. I can't remember the last time I've been to the doctor. Maybe that time I twisted my ankle. "How are you today?"

Nervous as ever. "Just matching the day." We smiled at each other with forced happiness.

"So I'm just going to run through today. First I'm going to take your vitals then we will go straight into the procedure. Is there anything specific you're testing for?" I thought deeply as she wrapped a cuff around my upper arm. "We do chlamydia, gonorrhea and HPV..."

"All of it?" She nodded once. "There is some that we don't test and I'll give you the list and where to go after we're done here."

"How was it?" Teshia groaned while adjusting her shorts. "I have clear pee by the way."

"You peed in a cup? They scrapped my insides is what it felt like. Let's go and don't talk to me until the results come back. Don't touch me either."