Chapter 5

SUNWOO'S POV:

The rest of the week passed by quickly and here comes the weekend. I am lying in my bed looking at the sky from my window, I didn't do anything all day today. It's almost 6 pm, it is dark outside. I decide to get up and explore the city. It is a beautiful place after all; maybe I should explore the nightlife. Yoohan is also going out today so I should just have dinner outside. "Oh yes, Yoohan has a date today," I say out loud. It feels weird, we have been here only a week and he is already going on a date. But what can I say, it's his choice. Maybe the guy is actually a nice person.

I change into a pair of dark wash blue jeans and a white button-down shirt, sleeves rolled up. The air is chilly outside but I am used to cold, winters in Seoul are pretty cold so I don't think I need to bring a jacket with me. My hair is ruffled, Hyemi always told me I looked good in undone hair so I just run my fingers through my hair to make sure they are not all too messy or standing up. I stand in front of my mirror and put on some perfume. I stare at my reflection in the mirror. I may be an introvert and not good with human interaction, but I never deny my looks. No, I am not a narcissist; I just think there's nothing wrong in admitting if you look good. Why bother denying and get everyone around you to comment on your looks and all, if you don't deny and agree with them they'll never bother saying things like "Oh do you know how handsome you are? Don't deny it. Yada yada." I take a deep breath and step out of the room. Just because I want to explore doesn't mean I am not nervous it's still a new place after all.

Yoohan also comes out of his room at the same time. He is in a black fitted t-shirt and light washed jeans, hair neatly done on the side, watch on his left wrist. He looks like one of those kpop stars we often see at midnight in those expensive restaurants, they stand out even in simple clothes. Just something about the elegance and simplicity rich people give off it's never unnoticeable. I look at his face which is lit up and his caramel eyes a shade lighter a sign he is happy. I have only been living with him for around 10 days, yet I feel like I know him too well. The boy is like an open book and it makes me worry. What if he gets hurt? I think as roommates this is natural to be concerned about each other's safety and happiness. Don't over-think he is a grown-up person, he can take care of himself. You are not his guardian. I tell myself for the 3rd time.

"Waah," he says as he looks me up and down walking towards me as I enter the living area. I roll my eyes at him as I turn "what did I tell you about the "waah" last time we talked" I say. "Sorry, my bad," he says smiling. "But you can't blame me for that. I mean look at you, you look so handsome how could I not react?" he continues and just shake my head.
"Are you ready for your date? You look good too. I am sure the guy will be whipped." I tell him with a straight face. "Are you calling me complimenting me on my looks right now?" he asks overly excited. "Can you please say that again with a smile this time? Please? You looked like you were scolding me instead of complimenting me" he says. I just walk past him. "I am going out too, lock the door properly. If you come early then go to sleep directly. I can hear about your date in the morning. Have fun on your date" I tell him before stepping out of the apartment.

"Hey, wait for me. He is waiting for me downstairs. Let's go together. You can meet him too."I hear his loud voice from behind as I keep walking. We are standing outside the building. There he is, the guy Yoohan is going out with. I can see why they both clicked instantly. He also gives off that rich guy vibe and they seem similar, both like to smile a lot. They are the kind of people who can talk about anything and everything. "He is Sunwoo, my roommate. Handsome, isn't he?" Yoohan says breaking the awkward silence between us. "Hello, nice to meet you," I say, rolling my eyes internally at Yoohan's remark. He nods, but before he could speak I continued "I am also stepping out to get some fresh air. I don't want to disturb you both, so I will take my leave. Have a nice time" and walked away.
"He is a nice guy, he is just a little awkward around new people please understand" were the last words I heard Yoohan say to that guy before I turned on the other street.

YOOHAN'S POV:

I am so nervous. I have been on dates before but this is the first time I am going out with someone whom I have only known for a week. "Are you alright?" Minho asks putting his hand on my shoulder. "What? Yeah, I am fine, just a little nervous?" I tell him honestly, as I smile nervously scratching the back of my head. He stops and walking and stand in front of me. I look at him nervously, the expression on his face is unreadable and then a big smile appears on his face and my nerves start to settle. "Don't be nervous, it's just a dinner date, I promise I am not a serial killer if that's why you are afraid?" he says smiling widely and I smile back.

We walk towards the harbourside. This area is always bustling with people. The area is surrounded by restaurants and pubs. There is also a planetarium and an aquarium here. There are many good restaurants and pubs on the riverside. The music is loud, the whole place is lit up with lights as people walk in and out, and a few street artists play the guitar and sing as some passersby dance along with the music. And the small river in front of us balances the chaos, even in this the water looks so peaceful, a part of me just want to sit there quietly and enjoy the night.

Minho guided me towards a restaurant, there is a live band, the lights are dim and we are enjoying our meal talking about random things. I like how too loves to talk, but still, a part of me is always conscious around him. I am always thinking about what to say and what not to say, there are conversations but they don't seem to flow smoothly as they do with Sunwoo. I don't why but he was the first person who came to my mind while thinking about it, maybe because we live together.

Once we finish eating we leave the restaurant and decide to grab a drink at the bar next door. This place is a little quiet than the other ones, there is music but it's not too loud like the other places around it. We can talk peacefully here. I settle on the sofa and Minho decides to sit beside me, a little too close. My heart is beating too fast; I don't if it's the drinks or his close proximity. I am a little tipsy and don't know how to react as he slowly places his hand over mine, "You know you look cute when your cheeks are flushed" he leans closer and whispers into my ear. I hold my breath as he slowly leans forward, I don't think this is a good idea since it's only our first date but my body has a mind of its own and before I know our lips are crashing into each other. Our lips are cold because of the weather, we kiss slowly trying to discover and get used to each other's touch as our lips slowly warm up. I feel a tingle in my stomach as his hand slowly reach under my shirt and that was my cue to stop.

I hold his hand that was under my shirt and slowly pull back, trying to catch my breath. He looks at me confused, "I am sorry, this is just our first date I don't want to rush into anything" I tell him. He smiles at me softly and I feel butterflies in my stomach. He is not disappointed and his smile is so handsome, I think to myself as he ruffles my hair and says "Don't worry, I understand. I wasn't planning to do anything else. I just got carried away. I sorry I made you uncomfortable." He is a nice person I think to myself when he is saying those words to me. He is ready to wait I tell myself and a huge smile appears on my face unconsciously, those simple words made my heart do a cartwheel. That's when I realize my crush on this guy is getting serious.